Scriptwriter / Creative Copywriter (Santa Monica, CA)

We’re looking for aScriptwriter / Creative Copywriter (Santa Monica, CA)

The perfect candidate will have a passion for storytelling and who can write about HR business software without being boring. This is a highly creative and collaborative role in which you will work closely with the Design and Marketing Teams.

The day-to-day:

  • Write copy for print collateral, online ads, emails, event invites, and our marketing website
  • Work with product marketers to refine messaging and extract benefits from lists of features
  • Write CTAs that incite people to click on them
  • Assist with copy and creative thinking for various social media channels
  • Drive engagement through in-app messaging and onboarding copy
  • Help other departments with written communications

Writing is the nuts and bolts of this job; it’s what you will be doing 80% of the time. The other 20% you will be thinking conceptually and work with our video team to bring creative script concepts to life. We love a great storyteller!

In this role you will…

  • Help with brainstorming, concepting, and creating various marketing campaigns
  • Help develop, document, and maintain brand messaging and tone
  • Inform and contribute to creative problem solving throughout the entire company
  • …and being the rockstar you are, be willing to take on additional responsibilities as needed

You’ve got what it takes if you have…

  • 3+ years of agency experience (or equivalent)
  • Experience working in-house would be good; B2B experience would be great
  • Exceptional communication skills
  • Expert understanding of writing mechanics and English Grammar
  • Familiarity with trends and styles in all aspects of writing for the internet

Note: Only applications submitted with a portfolio or writing samples will be considered

Our Culture:

Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people are asked to describe the team, the answer is always the same: Smart, Cool, Dependable, and Visionary. We are not a typical tech company (even with our free massages, yoga studio, arcade, movie theatre, free breakfast and generous stock units), because, well, our employees aren’t your typical techies…

We’re always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal. So if you want to work for a friendly, global and innovative company, we’d love to meet you! What are you waiting for?

What We Do:

Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) helps organizations to recruit, train and manage their people. We work with hundreds of the world’s largest companies—from Walgreens and Starwood Hotels & Resorts to Deutsche Post DHL and Xerox—and thousands of smaller ones to help them engage their workforces and empower their people. Our software impacts every aspect of the employee experience, helping people to make their best work even better – which ultimately translates into greater business results.

Our software and services are in use by over 27.7 million people in 191 countries and in 42 languages.

Check us out on Linkedin, The Muse, Glassdoor, and Facebook!

Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental commitment at Cornerstone OnDemand. All qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class as provided in applicable Federal, State, or Local fair employment laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at [email protected]

  • LI-VP1

Back to top