Sales Director - Japan (Tokyo, Japan)
We’re looking for aSales Director – Japan (Tokyo, Japan)
Are you ready to be a part of one of the fastest growing software-as-a-service technology companies?
As a Sales Director, you will provide both strategic and operational direction for the business and will lead the Sales and Distribution function, to achieve both their commercial and financial goals including the creation of additional revenue channels. Responsible for creating long term strategic goals, researching markets and proactively identifying and securing opportunities across Japan.
- Primary Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute a sales strategy for the assigned region;
- Build and direct a high-performing sales team including acquiring, developing and managing talent;
- Consistently meet/exceed established targets and quotas;
- Implement a consultative sales methodology that follows the corporate standard practices and is adapted to address local buying practices and cultural considerations;
- Maintain strict compliance with Company policies and protocols, including but not limited to Sarbanes-Oxley, Foreign Corruption Policies Act, etc.;
- Establish and proactivity manage territory plans and sales targets for sales team;
- Hold sales team members accountable for operational compliance requirements, process/methodology requirements and for success in achieving individual sales targets;
- Support team members during the sales process including, but not limited to qualifying opportunities, building relationships with prospects, attending prospect meetings, negotiating, etc.
- In collaboration with Global Alliances team, target, close, align/segment and manage key referral and reseller partnerships in order to build a partner ecosystem that maximizes coverage to capture as much market share as possible in the region;
- Collaborate with other regional sales teams (i.e., Americas and EMEA) when necessary to acquire and penetrate global prospects and clients;
- Ensure that sales team members are able to differentiate and position Cornerstone in the market such that Cornerstone becomes knows as the leading talent management provider in the region;
- Manage channel conflict between direct sales and channel partners when it occurs to ensure that we are able to win these deals in the most effective way possible;
- Adopt and localize the Client Success Framework to ensure that Cornerstone provides a differentiating experience to prospects and clients across all phases of the Client Lifecycle;
- Expand relationships and penetrate further existing clients (i.e., upsell) and ensure that clients renew their contracts with Cornerstone (i.e., retain);
- Work closely with Field Marketing to establish the Cornerstone brand and presence in the region and to deliver targeted marketing interventions to clients and prospects;
- Assist with localization of marketing messaging and positioning in the region;
- Proactively and accurately manage opportunity/pipeline and forecast data in the Company’s CRM application (currently Salesforce.com);
- Report key metrics and status updates to management as required;
- Build strong internal (i.e., across functions and regions) and external relationships (i.e., clients, partners, supplies, etc.);
- Establish trusted partnerships with new and existing clients and collaborate with other functions to ensure that clients are successful and reference-able;
- Ensure that the sales team executes a smooth and successful handoff of new wins into the subsequent phases of the Client Lifecycle (e.g., implementation, adoption and optimization); and
- Seek continuous improvement in all aspects of the sales capability across people, process and technology.
Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people are asked to describe the team, the answer is always the same: Smart, Cool, Dependable, and Visionary. We are not a typical tech company, because, well, our employees aren’t your typical techies…
We’re always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal. So if you want to work for a friendly, global and innovative company, we’d love to meet you! What are you waiting for?
What We Do:
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) helps organizations to recruit, train and manage their people. We work with hundreds of the world’s largest companies—from Walgreens and Starwood Hotels; Resorts to Deutsche Post DHL and Xerox—and thousands of smaller ones to help them engage their workforces and empower their people. Our software impacts every aspect of the employee experience, helping people to make their best work even better – which ultimately translates into greater business results.
Our software and services are in use by over 26 million people in 191 countries and in 42 languages.
Check us out on Linkedin, The Muse, Glassdoor, and Facebook!
Back to top