Revenue Accountant - (Ottawa, Ontario)
- Ottawa, Canada
We're looking for a
Revenue Accountant - (Ottawa, Ontario)
Cornerstone OnDemand (CSOD) is at a critically important juncture in the company's lifecycle. CSOD is the world's largest and most successful stand-alone unified Talent Management company and one of the world's largest SaaS companies. The company is entering a phase of achieving scale and global expansion through continued relentless execution.
Cornerstone OnDemand is seeking a Revenue Accountant to join our Order to Cash team. You will be responsible for accounting and finance related functions such as, revenue recognition, monthly and quarterly close, audit support, and SOX compliance. You will need to have a solid accounting background, a strong understanding of internal controls, and demonstrated experience in designing and improving processes as well as challenging the status quo. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, able to multi-task, detail oriented, honest, hardworking, and able to interact with all levels of the business.
In this role you will...
- Review customer contracts and document contract review notes
- Ensure revenue is booked accurately and in accordance to US GAAP guidelines under ASC 606, Revenue from Contracts with Customers
- Assist in and review accounting for complex revenue recognition transactions
- Assist in all day-to-day accounting and finance related functions for our internal and external financial statements
- Identify and help drive process improvements that support scaling the business including implementing system functionality
- Participate in system testing and audit of transactions
- Assist in the monthly close, including significant technical work with revenue and deferred revenue and balance sheet reconciliations
- Participate in ad hoc finance and accounting related projects as needed
- Consideration for privacy and security obligations
You've got what it takes if you have...
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or a related field
- Certified Public Accountant preferred
- 3+ years total experience
- Software (SaaS) industry experience highly preferred
- Public accounting experience preferred
- Knowledge of NetSuite ARM is a plus
- Proficient in Excel and other MS Office software
- The ability to quickly learn technical guidance and apply to internal processes
- Proven experience working in a dynamic team focused on meeting deadlines
- Strong project management skills
Extra Dose of Awesome if you have...
- Experience in the technology and/or software industry
- Experience with subscription management platforms, Zuora experience an asset
- Experience with ERP systems implementations preferably with NetSuite and Salesforce
- Experience in Pro Services revenue recognition
Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people are asked to describe the team, the answer is always the same: Smart, Cool, Dependable, and Visionary. We are not a typical tech company (even with our unlimited vacation, paid sabbaticals, generous stock units, education reimbursement, because, well, our employees aren't your typical techies...)
We're always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal. So if you want to work for a friendly, global and innovative company, we'd love to meet you! What are you waiting for?
What We Do:
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) was founded with a passion for empowering people through learning and a conviction that people should be your organization's greatest competitive advantage. Cornerstone is a global human capital management (HCM) leader with a core belief that companies thrive when they help their employees to realize their potential. Putting this belief into practice, Cornerstone offers solutions to help companies strategically manage and continuously develop their talent throughout the entire employee lifecycle. Cornerstone's HCM platform is successfully used by more than 75 million people in 180+ countries and in nearly 50 languages.
Check us out on Linkedin, The Muse, Glassdoor, and Facebook!
Cornerstone takes special care to ensure the security and privacy of the data of its users.
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental commitment at Cornerstone OnDemand. All qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, religion, color, gender, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class as provided in applicable Federal, State, or Local fair employment laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at email@example.com.
Back to top