Regional Sales Manager - Higher Education (United States)
We're looking for aRegional Sales Manager - Higher Education (United States)
Cornerstone is seeking a Sales Leader to drive revenue for our Talent Management Products and Services to new accounts in Higher Education. The ideal candidate will have the ability to actively and enthusiastically prospect and close new business in "Greenfield" accounts.
This position reports to the Director of Higher Education Sales
- Developing and executing new client acquisition plans.
- Following up on all leads in a timely manner.
- Actively listening to prospects, and understanding what they are trying to accomplish and why.
- Efficiently qualifying leads, and gracefully walking away from bad ones.
- Persuasively presenting Cornerstone OnDemand products and services in alignment with agreed upon needs.
- Effectively communicating territory needs, and securing necessary resources to close business.
- Timely securing of contracts and purchase orders in accordance with published processes and procedures.
- Tracking all sales related progress in SFDC.
- Providing accurate, complete forecasts for current and future quarters via SFDC.
- Acquiring expert working knowledge of clients, prospects, markets, and Cornerstone OnDemand products and services.
- Meeting and exceeding the assigned quota for sales of products, and services within a territory.
- Focus on prospecting within defined territories by leveraging existing client relationships, referrals, cold calling, social media and marketing.
Required Skills and Experience
- 5 + years of sales experience
- Prior experience selling software solutions to Higher Education accounts
- Must be able to travel 50% or more of the time
- Must be a creative problem solver, and a results-oriented team player
- Must be able to aggressively prospect for new customers
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Must be adaptable and able to learn new technologies, market trends and sales messages quickly
- Experience presenting to organization leadership both in person and remotely using web conferencing tools
Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people are asked to describe the team, the answer is always the same: Smart, Cool, Dependable, and Visionary. We are not a typical tech company (even with our unlimited vacation, paid sabbaticals, generous stock units, education reimbursement, and 100% paid employee health coverage), because, well, our employees aren't your typical techies...
We're always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal. So if you want to work for a friendly, global and innovative company, we'd love to meet you! What are you waiting for?
What We Do:
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) helps organizations to recruit, train and manage their people. We work with hundreds of the world's largest companies—from Walgreens and Starwood Hotels & Resorts to Deutsche Post DHL and Xerox—and thousands of smaller ones to help them engage their workforces and empower their people. Our software impacts every aspect of the employee experience, helping people to make their best work even better – which ultimately translates into greater business results.
Our software and services are in use by over 32 million people in 192 countries and in 43 languages.
Check us out on Linkedin, The Muse, Glassdoor, and Facebook!
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental commitment at Cornerstone OnDemand. All qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class as provided in applicable Federal, State, or Local fair employment laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at [email protected]
Meet Some of Cornerstone OnDemand's Employees
Monty manages two Application Development Teams for Cornerstone OnDemand, overseeing those teams’ day-to-day projects and activities, ensuring that team members are continuing to grow in their careers.
Back to top