Regional Sales Director (Germany)
We're looking for aRegional Sales Director (Germany)
This position offers an excellent opportunity in a leading edge, fast-growing, global software and Services Company that is expanding rapidly. As a Regional Sales Director, you will be responsible for mentoring and developing our existing Sales team in the region. You will also be expected to grow the Cornerstone OnDemand customer base and the sales of our learning, performance and talent management software products and services in your territory.
Target Industries include Financial & Business Service, Retail, Manufacturing, Healthcare, High Technology and Government.
This position requires a unique and talented individual that excels in multiple business disciplines including managing and developing a team, sales, business development, solution selling/consulting, relationship management and Talent Management/HR domain expertise.
You will have a strong background in managing a high performing sales team, mentoring and team development. You will also have strong experience in customer-facing solution sales and business process and technical aptitudes. You will quickly become an expert on the Talent Management industry, the Cornerstone application and the business processes that it supports. Excellent solution selling skills are a must, as well as a positive and upbeat attitude to build a satisfied and loyal client base. Finally, you will need the professional maturity to manage and prioritize your time, work autonomously, and interact effectively with business and technical professionals internally and externally.
This position will report to the VP of EMEA Sales. Success in this role will provide additional opportunities for growth such as career progression and significant financial upside. We are committed not only to recruiting top talent, but also to retaining great people.
- Develop and execute a sales strategy for the region
- Build and direct a high-performing sales team including acquiring, developing and managing talent
- Consistently meet/exceed established targets and quotas
- Implement a consultative sales methodology that follows the corporate standard practices and is adapted to address local buying practices and cultural considerations
- Maintain strict compliance with Company policies and protocols, including but not limited to Sarbanes-Oxley, Foreign Corruption Policies Act, etc
- Establish and proactivity manage territory plans and sales targets for sales team
- Hold sales team members accountable for operational compliance requirements, process/methodology requirements and for success in achieving individual sales targets
- Support team members during the sales process including, but not limited to qualifying opportunities, building relationships with prospects, attending prospect meetings, negotiating, etc
- In collaboration with Global Alliances team, target, close, align/segment and manage key referral and reseller partnerships in order to build a partner ecosystem that maximizes coverage to capture as much market share as possible in the region
- Collaborate with other regional sales teams (i.e., EMEA, America's, etc) when necessary to acquire and penetrate global prospects and clients
- Ensure that sales team members are able to differentiate and position Cornerstone in the market such that Cornerstone becomes knows as the leading talent management provider in the region
- Manage channel conflict between direct sales and channel partners when it occurs to ensure that we are able to win these deals in the most effective way possible
- Adopt and localize the Client Success Framework to ensure that Cornerstone provides a differentiating experience to prospects and clients across all phases of the Client Lifecycle
- Expand relationships and penetrate further existing clients (i.e., upsell) and ensure that clients renew their contracts with Cornerstone (i.e., retain)
- Work closely with Field Marketing to establish the Cornerstone brand and presence in the region and to deliver targeted marketing interventions to clients and prospects
- Assist with localization of marketing messaging and positioning in the region
- Proactively and accurately manage opportunity/pipeline and forecast data in the Company's CRM application (currently Salesforce.com)
- Report key metrics and status updates to management as required
- Build strong internal (i.e., across functions and regions) and external relationships (i.e., clients, partners, supplies, etc.)
- Establish trusted partnerships with new and existing clients and collaborate with other functions to ensure that clients are successful and reference-able
- Ensure that the sales team executes a smooth and successful handoff of new wins into the subsequent phases of the Client Lifecycle (e.g., implementation, adoption and optimization)
- Seek continuous improvement in all aspects of the sales capability across people, process and technology
Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people are asked to describe the team, the answer is always the same: Smart, Cool, Dependable, and Visionary. We are not a typical tech company (paid sabbaticals, generous stock units, education reimbursement, and 100% paid employee health coverage), because, well, our employees aren't your typical techies...
We're always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal. So if you want to work for a friendly, global and innovative company, we'd love to meet you! What are you waiting for?
What We Do:
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) helps organizations to recruit, train and manage their people. We work with hundreds of the world's largest companies—from Walgreens and Starwood Hotels & Resorts to Deutsche Post DHL and Xerox—and thousands of smaller ones to help them engage their workforces and empower their people. Our software impacts every aspect of the employee experience, helping people to make their best work even better – which ultimately translates into greater business results.
Our software and services are in use by over 33.5 million people in 192 countries and in 43 languages.
Check us out on Linkedin, The Muse, Glassdoor, and Facebook!
Back to top