Quality Assurance Engineer (Santa Monica, CA)
We're looking for aQuality Assurance Engineer (Santa Monica, CA)
In this role you will...
- Work in a fast-paced environment surrounded by self-driven individuals where continuous self-improvement thrives! We believe in healthy, competitive environment. Feels like a startup environment within a bigger company
- Work closely with Product Managers, Developers and QA alike in making sure that software is delivered according to spec – this includes: reviewing specs with Product Managers and Developers; reviewing features delivered with Developers as well as adjustments made during development cycle; and documenting test-cases and validating code against them
- Provide estimates, deliver against those estimates and work within tight time constraints
- Communicate cross-functionally; communication is a big part of the job, hence understanding where team boundaries lie is important
- Automate, automate, automate!
- Work within environments that are derived from different project management methodologies – need to survive and strive in a hybrid of Waterfall and Agile approaches
- ... and being the rockstar you are, will be willing to take on additional responsibilities as needed
You've got what it takes if you have...
- Strong experience working in QA or other technical role within IT sector; or have at least a Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent field
- Good understanding of Product development lifecycle and ability to demonstrate it during an interview
- Good problem solving skills and ability to demonstrate them during an interview
- Demonstrate understanding of what "Definition of Done" is and how the state of "Done" is enforced by QA
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of Web and Mobile technologies that are used to build products
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of and/or experience of working with bug and task tracking systems
Extra dose of awesome if you have...
- Knowledge of and/or experience of working with a programming language
- Knowledge of and/or experience of working with Selenium Web Driver
Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people are asked to describe the team, the answer is always the same: Smart, Cool, Dependable, and Visionary. We are not a typical tech company (even with our unlimited vacation, paid sabbaticals, generous stock units, education reimbursement, and 100% paid employee health coverage), because, well, our employees aren't your typical techies...
We're always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal. So if you want to work for a friendly, global and innovative company, we'd love to meet you! What are you waiting for?
What We Do:
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) helps organizations to recruit, train and manage their people. We work with hundreds of the world's largest companies—from Walgreens and Starwood Hotels & Resorts to Deutsche Post DHL and Xerox—and thousands of smaller ones to help them engage their workforces and empower their people. Our software impacts every aspect of the employee experience, helping people to make their best work even better – which ultimately translates into greater business results.
Our software and services are in use by over 32 million people in 192 countries and in 43 languages.
Check us out on Linkedin, The Muse, Glassdoor, and Facebook!
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental commitment at Cornerstone OnDemand. All qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class as provided in applicable Federal, State, or Local fair employment laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at [email protected]
Meet Some of Cornerstone OnDemand's Employees
Monty manages two Application Development Teams for Cornerstone OnDemand, overseeing those teams’ day-to-day projects and activities, ensuring that team members are continuing to grow in their careers.
Back to top