Product Support Specialist (Tokyo, Japan)
We're looking for aProduct Support Specialist (Tokyo, Japan)
This position offers an exciting opportunity in a dynamic, cloud-based internet software company with an intelligent workforce. The Product Support Manager will have direct responsibility for ensuring the day-to-day success of our clients – many of whom are Fortune 500 companies – in using Cornerstone's product suite, through ensuring success of the Global Product Support team they are leading. A component of the Support Manager's role will include work as an individual contributor as needed through analyzing and resolving complex functional and technical questions and issues encountered by our clients through support over the phone and through electronic communication. More importantly, the Product Support Manager will provide day-to-day managerial leadership to a team within the Global 24x7 Product Support organization and support the Location Manager in meeting the team and company goals in client service. An ideal candidate will contribute to providing outstanding and innovative leadership to the Global Product Support team by creating a culture of performance and achievement.
This position requires a talented individual that excels in leadership, mentoring, comprehensive problem analysis, software support, customer service, managing team metrics and driving success through motivating others.
We are looking for candidates with some software application support experience, advanced troubleshooting and problem analysis skills, excellent communication skills and superior customer service skills. Direct hands-on experience with the Cornerstone application is beneficial but not required.
In this role you will...
- Provide oversight to Global Product Support Specialists to enable the team to maintain a high level of client satisfaction, in line with the Global Product Support team goals
- Daily operation and management of the Global Product Support team through effective use of resources, including scheduling, staffing and meeting/enhancing standard operating procedures. This includes involvement in hiring, developing and retaining talent in alignment with the Global Product Support talent strategy
- Serve as a Manager on Duty in an S1/S2 scenario or for client escalations
- Analyze and resolve complex level 3 service tasks with a strong focus on database manipulations
- Review and approve client escalations, including providing and informed, objective point of view on global prioritization of all escalated cases
- Responsible for ream performance based on performance metrics. Analyze trends and report out performance metrics to management on a regular basis
- Create/monitor SOP for support operations
Team development and coaching:
- Develop and create job aids for Product Specialists and maintain an accurate internal knowledge base
- Coordinate and oversee the new hire onboarding program including coaching, guiding and supporting new hires
- Maintain a deep understanding of the Cornerstone application including the various features and configuration options to be able to provide the required guidance to Product Specialists
- Coach and provide specific suggestions to Product Specialists on troubleshooting software application issues and on responding in an accurate, professional, empathetic and timely manner
- Ensure proper, timely follow-up by Product Specialists in their sub-team on their cases, to ensure that service level agreements are met and client satisfaction overall is high
- Train, mentor and manage product specialists, including team meetings, performance management and professional development
You've got what it takes if you have...
- 6+ years' experience with client-facing support services and team management
- Pass all required internal written Cornerstone product certification exams
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Management, Information/Technology Management or relevant experience
- Track record of achieving results through collaborating with multiple functions across a company and strong leadership skills
- Ability to innovate in a fast growing work environment and comfortable dealing with ambiguity and sometimes highly-charged situations
- Project management, ability to break down bigger projects into smaller tasks and organize different resources to accomplish and deliver results
- Skilled with Microsoft Office programs to do trend analysis and regular reporting of metrics
- Analytical- must possess the ability to understand clients' business processes and workflows and translate them into system functionality to help clients meet their needs with existing system features
- Ability to grasp complex system workflows, to understand cause and effect for actions taken in a business process or software system. This skills is critical to troubleshooting issues to distinguish between user error and actual system defects
- Basic understanding of one or more of the following are beneficial but not required: programming languages, HTML/content development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and professional etiquette
- Supportive team player
- Demonstrated success in managing, leading and developing people
- Flexible and adapts well to rapid change
- Native level Japanese and business level English
Extra dose of awesome if you have...
- A relentlessly positive disposition; excellent people and teamwork skills; the ability to remain calm, diplomatic, and cooperative under stressful conditions; attention to detail; exceptional follow-through; accurate data entry and computer competency; the ability to prioritize, stay organized, and multi-task in a fast paced environment; and a general understanding of internet technology
Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people are asked to describe the team, the answer is always the same: Smart, Cool, Dependable, and Visionary. We are not a typical tech company (even with our unlimited vacation, paid sabbaticals, generous stock units, education reimbursement, and 100% paid employee health coverage), because, well, our employees aren't your typical techies...
We're always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal. So if you want to work for a friendly, global and innovative company, we'd love to meet you! What are you waiting for?
What We Do:
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) helps organizations to recruit, train and manage their people. We work with hundreds of the world's largest companies—from Walgreens and Starwood Hotels & Resorts to Deutsche Post DHL and Xerox—and thousands of smaller ones to help them engage their workforces and empower their people. Our software impacts every aspect of the employee experience, helping people to make their best work even better – which ultimately translates into greater business results.
Our software and services are in use by over 33.5 million people in 192 countries and in 43 languages.
Check us out on Linkedin, The Muse, Glassdoor, and Facebook!
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental commitment at Cornerstone OnDemand. All qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class as provided in applicable Federal, State, or Local fair employment laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at email@example.com.
Back to top