Product Specialist Team Lead (Santa Monica, CA)
We're looking for aProduct Specialist Team Lead (Santa Monica, CA)
This position offers an exciting opportunity in a dynamic Software as a Service company with an intelligent workforce. The Team Lead will have direct responsibility for ensuring day-to-day success of our clients – many of whom are Fortune 500 companies – in using Cornerstone's application. The Team Lead will have a component of their work as an individual contributor role through analyzing and resolving complex functional and technical questions and issues encountered by our clients through support over the phone and through electronic communication. Additionally, the Team Lead will provide day-to-day managerial leadership of a team within the Global Product Support department and support the location Manager in meeting the team and company goals for client service.
This position requires a talented individual who excels in leadership, mentoring, comprehensive problem analysis, software support, customer service, managing team metrics, and driving success through motivating others.
We are looking for candidates with some software application support experience, advanced troubleshooting and problem analysis skills, excellent communication skills and superior customer service skills. You will be part of the Global Client Success Services team and report to a Manager of Global Product Support.
In this role you will...
Product Specialist Role:
- Provide day to day functional and technical software application support to our clients
- Troubleshoot and find optimal resolutions to software application issues
- Log client reported defects in our case tracking system
- Provide regular communications to clients on their open cases
- Ensure timely resolution of incoming client queries in line with our service levels and to drive client satisfaction
- Provide oversight to Global Product Support Product Specialists to enable the Product Support team to maintain a high level of client satisfaction, in line with the Global Product Support team goals
- Serve as manager, acting as a point of escalation to clients
- Review and approve client escalations, including providing an informed, objective point of view on global prioritization of all escalated cases
- Analyze trends and report out performance metrics to management on a regular basis for the team that they are leading
- Serve as a Manager On Duty in an S1/S2 scenario
- Manage vacation/sick days and overall Care team schedule for the team they are leading to ensure seamless global coverage
- Be proactive about streamlining processes and improving inefficiencies
- Lead by example and step in on the front line when necessary; provide support to the team when issues need escalation
Team Development and Coaching:
- Be responsible for team performance based on performance metrics
- Ensure Product Specialists provide case activity updates suitable for maintaining an accurate internal knowledge base
- Maintain a deep understanding of the Cornerstone application including the various features and configuration options to be able to provide the required guidance to Product Specialists
- Coach and provide specific suggestions to Product Specialists on troubleshooting software application issues and on responding in an accurate, professional, empathetic and timely manner
- Ensure proper, timely follow-up by Product Specialists in their team on their cases, to ensure that service level agreements are met and client satisfaction overall is high
- Train, mentor and manage product specialists, including holding team meetings, performance management and professional development
.. and being the rockstar you are, will be willing to take on additional responsibilities as needed
You've got what it takes if you...
- Have a bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Management, Information/Technology Management OR work equivalent
- Have 5-6 years Customer Service Experience or Global Product Support Specialist Level 3 experience
- Are skilled with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) to do trend analysis and regular reporting of metrics
- Are analytical – must possess the ability to understand clients' business processes and workflows and translate them into system functionality to help clients meet their needs with existing system features
- Are able to grasp complex system workflows, to understand cause and effect for actions taken in a business process or software system. This skill is critical to troubleshooting issues to distinguish between user error and actual system defects
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and professional etiquette
- Are a supportive team player
- Have managerial experience, including handling conflict and reducing tension in challenging situations
- Create a positive work environment
- Are flexible and adapt well to rapid change
- Have a relentlessly positive disposition; excellent leadership and teamwork skills; the ability to remain calm, diplomatic, and cooperative under stressful conditions; attention to detail; exceptional follow-through; accurate data entry and computer competency; the ability to prioritize, stay organized, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment; and a general understanding of a SaaS-based application.
Extra dose of awesome if you...
- Have a basic understanding of one or more of the following: programming languages (SQL, Networks), relational databases, HTML/content development
Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people are asked to describe the team, the answer is always the same: Smart, Cool, Dependable, and Visionary. We are not a typical tech company (even with our free massages, yoga studio, arcade, movie theatre, free breakfast and generous stock units), because, well, our employees aren't your typical techies...
We're always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal. So if you want to work for a friendly, global and innovative company, we'd love to meet you! What are you waiting for?
What We Do:
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) helps organizations to recruit, train and manage their people. We work with hundreds of the world's largest companies—from Walgreens and Starwood Hotels & Resorts to Deutsche Post DHL and Xerox—and thousands of smaller ones to help them engage their workforces and empower their people. Our software impacts every aspect of the employee experience, helping people to make their best work even better – which ultimately translates into greater business results.
Our software and services are in use by over 32 million people in 192 countries and in 43 languages.
Check us out on Linkedin, The Muse, Glassdoor, and Facebook!
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental commitment at Cornerstone OnDemand. All qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class as provided in applicable Federal, State, or Local fair employment laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at [email protected]
Meet Some of Cornerstone OnDemand's Employees
Learning Media Designer
As an e-learning designer, Emily’s goal is to instruct potential and existing clients on Cornerstone’s different products, communicating their value to the clients’ businesses.
Back to top