Product Manager (Santa Monica, CA)
We're looking for a...
Product Manager (Santa Monica, CA)
Cornerstone OnDemand is looking for a passionate and driven Product Manager (PM) to help improve existing products and create new products in the Talent Management space. The PM will build and improve existing products and develop new product initiatives based on customer feedback and market conditions. The PM will translate requirements and feedback into functional specifications for development. Candidates must have strong communication and writing skills as well as the ability to interface with all groups in the company. Responsibilities will include speaking with customers, analysts, and prospects to communicate product vision and direction. The PM must possess the desire to constantly learn, have strong analytical skills, the ability to think outside the box and a unique blend of business and technical savvy.
In this role you will...
- Oversee product planning and execution from concept to release
- Prioritize and gather requirements from customers, prospects and internal stakeholders
- Solve complex problems across multiple industries and clients
- Analyze and research broader market trends, competitors, and industry analyst feedback
- Research technology and trends of Web 2.0 applications
- Gather input and feedback from all teams including Development, Account Services, Consulting, Marketing, Sales, and Subject Matter Experts
- Adapt requirements and feedback into full functional specifications for development
- Work on features that are instrumental to long term success of your product
- ... and being the rockstar you are, will be willing to take on additional responsibilities as needed
You've got what it takes if you have...
- A bachelor's degree ideally in a technical field or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of software Product Management experience, preferably in the B2B space
- 2+ years of experience designing user interfaces
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts and manage trade-offs, and work cross-functionally with engineering, design and marketing/business counterparts to deliver online products/services
- Strong analytic and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
- Proven track record of taking Products to market
- Proven record of working with technical teams implementing web-based applications
- Delivering iterative product functionality in a Scrum or Kanban environment
- Persuasive presentation skills to captivate an audience with your vision for the product
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Ability to understand technical concepts and apply them to feature development
- Ability to brainstorm, think outside the box, and turn to others for guidance and feedback
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired
Extra dose of awesome if you have...
- An MBA
- Experience in consumer/web applications with a product manager lens
- Experience working with or building workflow engines and automation frameworks
- Domain knowledge of Talent Management Systems
Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people are asked to describe the team, the answer is always the same: Smart, Cool, Dependable, and Visionary. We are not a typical tech company (even with our free massages, yoga studio, arcade, movie theatre, free breakfast and generous stock units), because, well, our employees aren't your typical techies...
We're always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal. So if you want to work for a friendly, global and innovative company, we'd love to meet you! What are you waiting for?
What We Do:
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) helps organizations to recruit, train and manage their people. We work with hundreds of the world's largest companies-from Walgreens and Starwood Hotels & Resorts to Deutsche Post DHL and Xerox-and thousands of smaller ones to help them engage their workforces and empower their people. Our software impacts every aspect of the employee experience, helping people to make their best work even better - which ultimately translates into greater business results.
Our software and services are in use by over 40 million people in 187 countries and in 43 languages.
Check us out on Linkedin, The Muse, Glassdoor, and Facebook!
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental commitment at Cornerstone OnDemand. All qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, religion, color, gender, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class as provided in applicable Federal, State, or Local fair employment laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top