Product Designer (Santa Monica, CA)
We're looking for aProduct Designer (Santa Monica, CA)
Cornerstone Design is a growing team seeking a talented product designer who shares a passion in simplicity and believes business applications should be better. We're a ragtag group of versatile visual and interaction designers who love to challenge each other in a supportive environment. Each of us owns a Cornerstone's product line and works closely with product managers, designers and engineers to create engaging and innovative designs that reflect business requirements, support user needs and are technically feasible. Join us in making a difference by improving the work lives of millions of people.
In this role you will...
- Design beautiful and elegant solutions for a range of design challenges
- Guide the design efforts to ensure consistency and excellence in visual design and user experience
- Passionately advocate for the user by influencing decisions to ensure that product design is aligned to user needs and expectations
- Translate product strategy, customer insight, analytics and executive direction into successful design direction, frameworks, prototypes and released product
- Focus on design strategy (the "should we" and "why") as well as the tactics (the "how" and the "look")
- Effectively describe design solutions with excellent written, visual, and verbal communication and presentation skills
- ...and being the rockstar you are, be willing to take on additional responsibilities as needed
You've got what it takes if you have...
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch
- Strong design and typographic skills
- Experience in wireframing, prototyping and creating hi-fidelity designs
- A love of white boarding and brainstorming
- Good communication skills with a variety of audiences
- Experience using data to inform your design decisions
- An entrepreneurial spirit and critical thinking skills
Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people are asked to describe the team, the answer is always the same: Smart, Cool, Dependable, and Visionary. We are not a typical tech company (even with our free massages, yoga studio, arcade, movie theatre, free breakfast and generous stock units), because, well, our employees aren't your typical techies...
We're always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal. So if you want to work for a friendly, global and innovative company, we'd love to meet you! What are you waiting for?
What We Do:
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) helps organizations to recruit, train and manage their people. We work with hundreds of the world's largest companies—from Walgreens and Starwood Hotels & Resorts to Deutsche Post DHL and Xerox—and thousands of smaller ones to help them engage their workforces and empower their people. Our software impacts every aspect of the employee experience, helping people to make their best work even better – which ultimately translates into greater business results.
Our software and services are in use by over 32 million people in 192 countries and in 43 languages.
Check us out on Linkedin, The Muse, Glassdoor, and Facebook!
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental commitment at Cornerstone OnDemand. All qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class as provided in applicable Federal, State, or Local fair employment laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at [email protected]
Meet Some of Cornerstone OnDemand's Employees
Monty manages two Application Development Teams for Cornerstone OnDemand, overseeing those teams’ day-to-day projects and activities, ensuring that team members are continuing to grow in their careers.
Back to top