Principal Consultant, Quality and Risk Management (Santa Monica, CA)
We’re looking for aPrincipal Consultant, Quality and Risk Management (Santa Monica, CA)
Cornerstone understands the importance of delivering our SaaS solutions in a quality-oriented manner that meets the regulatory and business expectations of our clients. This includes life sciences, financial and insurance, healthcare, federal government, and energy and utilities. The Principal Consultant, Quality and Risk Management is the foundation to our ability to ensure this critical activity is carried out.
The Principal Consultant reports to the Director within the Quality and Risk Management organization. The Quality and Risk Management group has responsibility to provide the necessary oversight for developing and maintaining the validated state of the GxP components of the Cornerstone Talent Management System and associated SaaS offering. Quality and Risk Management promotes awareness and provides updates to the IT System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) throughout IT, and strives to ensure that the computerized system is compliant to the level of quality that consistently meets or exceeds business needs and regulatory requirements. These responsibilities are further defined in the overall Cornerstone IT Quality Management System (IT QMS) and carried out within the Cornerstone IT Quality Manual, Computerized System Validation SOP and Computerized System Validation Master Plan. This role acts as the representative on all aspects of quality and compliance in regard to the Cornerstone SaaS offering.
This role is a consultant for both our clients and the CSOD internal business units to ensure all parties are well versed on regulatory requirements and how they should be met from a product, process and validation perspective. In addition, the Principal Consultant will be responsible in assisting and supporting the sales cycle, such as; developing statements of work, presenting the Cornerstone Quality and Risk management processes, representing how we meet regulated industry expectations and delivering quality and validation services on behalf of CSOD.
In this role you will…
- Work directly and very closely with the Software Quality Assurance, Technology and Product teams to provide oversight and guidance as it relates to validation and quality processes and industry expectations
- Review and if necessary, update the IT QMS periodically, as appropriate
- Ensure the Quality and Risk Management group provides effective oversight and support regarding audit support and overall risk management
- Conduct quarterly release validation, including GxP Impact Assessments; patches and hotfixes
- Work closely with clients during the presales process to help position CSOD from a Regulatory compliance aspect and scoping of quality and validation services. Educate sales and implementation teams on regulatory compliance areas (e.g. life sciences, financial and insurance, healthcare, federal government, and energy and utilities, etc)
- Scope engagements such as body of work and services, draft SOW language and estimate cost/time for compliance efforts
- Manage and ensure that Compliance related changes are on the roadmap for regulated clients, including new features/functions. Develop new services for Regulatory Compliance and update/refine existing services
- Where needed, deliver all services related to Quality and Risk Management service offerings to Cornerstone clients. This includes: IT Controls/Validation Audit, Client Validation Toolkit, CSOD Validation Engagement Consulting, Validation Workshops, and Validation Maintenance
- Provide applicable regulatory, industry best practice and client expectation awareness for quality and validation standards and principles
- Be recognized as a thought leader in the industry specifically to regulated clients (e.g. life sciences, financial and insurance, healthcare, federal government, and energy and utilities, etc). This includes leading and participating in industry forums (GAMP, CISA, IC/2), SIGs, etc.
- …and being the rockstar you are, be willing to take on additional responsibilities as needed
You’ve got what it takes if you have…
- A Bachelors’ or Masters degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related discipline is highly desired
- Strong knowledge of the Life Science Regulations (e.g. GxPs) FedRAMP, PCI, ISO 27001, NST, and HIPAA is desired
- Minimum 7 years experience of business/functional and/or IT experience including quality and validation
- Working knowledge of external risk management and control frameworks (e.g., COBIT, ISO 27001, CSA, SIG, etc.
- Proven project management and organizational skills, specifically managing multiple, concurrent projects.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed professional, with keen attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service and solution-focused orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Be willing and able to travel approximately 25% to off-site locations and client locations
Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people are asked to describe the team, the answer is always the same: Smart, Cool, Dependable, and Visionary. We are not a typical tech company (even with our unlimited vacation, paid sabbaticals, generous stock units, education reimbursement, and 100% paid employee health coverage), because, well, our employees aren’t your typical techies…
We’re always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal. So if you want to work for a friendly, global and innovative company, we’d love to meet you! What are you waiting for?
What We Do:
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) helps organizations to recruit, train and manage their people. We work with hundreds of the world’s largest companies—from Walgreens and Starwood Hotels and Resorts to Deutsche Post DHL and Xerox—and thousands of smaller ones to help them engage their workforces and empower their people. Our software impacts every aspect of the employee experience, helping people to make their best work even better – which ultimately translates into greater business results.
Our software and services are in use by over 26 million people in 191 countries and in 42 languages.
Check us out on Linkedin, The Muse, Glassdoor, and Facebook!
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental commitment at Cornerstone OnDemand. All qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class as provided in applicable Federal, State, or Local fair employment laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at [email protected]
Back to top