Manager, Global Product Support (Madrid, Spain)
We're looking for aManager, Global Product Support (Madrid, Spain)
This position offers an exciting opportunity in a dynamic internet software company with an intelligent workforce. The Manager, GPS will have direct responsibility for ensuring day-to-day success of our clients in using Cornerstone's applications, through ensuring success of the Global Product Support team they are leading.
The Manager, GPS will have a component of their work as an individual contributor role through analyzing and resolving complex functional and technical questions and issues encountered by our clients through support over the phone and through electronic communication. More importantly, the Manager, GPS will provide day-to-day managerial leadership of a sub-team within the Global Product Support team to help achieve the team and company goals on client service. An ideal candidate will contribute to providing outstanding and innovative leadership to the Global Product Support team by creating a culture of performance and achievement.
This position requires a talented individual that excels in leadership, mentoring, comprehensive problem analysis, software support, customer service, managing team metrics, and driving success through motivating others.
We are looking for candidates with some software application support experience, advanced troubleshooting and problem analysis skills, excellent communication skills and superior customer service skills. Direct hands-on experience with the Cornerstone application is beneficial but not required.
Occasional travel may be required to meet with teams in other locations across the globe as needed. This role will report directly to the Director of Global Product Support in EMEA and will be based in Madrid, Spain.
- Provide oversight to Global Product Support Specialists to enable the team to maintain a high level of client satisfaction, in line with the Global Product Support team goals.
- Daily operation and management of the Global Product Support team through effective use of resources, including scheduling, staffing, meeting and enhancing standard operating procedures. This includes involvement in hiring, developing and retaining talent in alignment with the Global Product Support talent strategy.
- Serve as a Manager On Duty in an S1/S2 scenario or for client escalations.
- Analyze and resolve complex level 3 service task with a strong focus on database manipulations.
- Review and approve client escalations, including providing an informed, objective point of view on global prioritization of all escalated cases.
- Responsible for team performance, based on performance metrics. Analyze trends and report out performance metrics to management on a regular basis.
- Create/monitor SOP for support operations.
Team development and coaching:
- Develop and create job aids for Product Specialists and maintain an accurate internal knowledge base.
- Coordinate and oversee the new hire onboarding program including coaching, guiding and supporting new hires.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the Cornerstone application including the various features and configuration options to be able to provide the required guidance to Product Specialists.
- Coach and provide specific suggestions to Product Specialists on troubleshooting software application issues and on responding in an accurate, professional, empathetic and timely manner.
- Ensure proper, timely follow-up by Product Specialists in their sub-team on their cases, to ensure that service level agreements are met and client satisfaction overall is high.
- Train, mentor and manage product specialists, including team meetings, performance management and professional development.
Required Skills and Experience
- Required languages – English & Spanish – Excellent (English work environment). Additional European languages (French/Italian/German) a strong advantage.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant areas (Technology / HR / Business / etc.).
- 4+ years' experience with client-facing support services and team management.
- Track record of achieving results through collaborating with multiple functions across a company and strong leadership skills.
- Ability to innovate in a fast-growing work environment and comfortable dealing with ambiguity and sometimes highly-charged situations.
- Project management, ability to break down bigger projects into smaller tasks and organize different resource to accomplish and deliver results.
- Skilled with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) to do trend analysis and regular reporting of metrics.
- Analytical – must possess the ability to understand clients' business processes and workflows and translate them into system functionality to help clients meet their needs with existing system features.
- Ability to grasp complex system workflows, to understand cause and effect for actions taken in a business process or software system. This skill is critical to troubleshooting issues to distinguish between user error and actual system defects.
- Basic understanding of one or more of the following are beneficial but not required: programming language, HTML/content development.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and professional etiquette.
- Supportive team player.
- Demonstrated success in managing, leading and developing people.
- Flexible and adapts well to rapid change.
What else we look for in this position
A relentlessly positive disposition; excellent people and teamwork skills; the ability to remain calm, diplomatic, and cooperative under stressful conditions; attention to detail; exceptional follow-through; accurate data entry and computer competency; the ability to prioritize, stay organized, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment; and a general understanding of internet technology.
Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people are asked to describe the team, the answer is always the same: smart, cool, dependable, and visionary. We are not a typical tech company (paid sabbaticals, generous stock units, education reimbursement, and 100% paid employee health coverage), because, well, our employees aren't your typical techies...We're always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal. So if you want to work for a friendly, global and innovative company, we'd love to meet you! What are you waiting for?
What We Do:
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) helps organisations to recruit, train and manage their people. We work with hundreds of the world's largest companies—from Walgreens and Starwood Hotels & Resorts to Deutsche Post DHL and Xerox—and thousands of smaller ones to help them engage their workforces and empower their people. Our software impacts every aspect of the employee experience, helping people to make their best work even better – which ultimately translates into greater business results.Check us out on Linkedin, The Muse, Glassdoor, and Facebook!
Based in Santa Monica, California, the company's solutions are used by more than 32 million people in 192 countries and in 43 languages.
Check us out on Linkedin, The Muse, Glassdoor, and Facebook!
Meet Some of Cornerstone OnDemand's Employees
Monty manages two Application Development Teams for Cornerstone OnDemand, overseeing those teams’ day-to-day projects and activities, ensuring that team members are continuing to grow in their careers.
Back to top