Lead Software Engineer - Server side (Pune, India
- Pune, India
We arecurrently seeking a SoftwareEngineer to contribute to engineering efforts in ourVirtual Classroom Collaboration Team, which is responsible for Cornerstone'sonline, highly interactive virtual classroom learning that provides eLearningand collaborative Web conferencing across the globe. To provide ubiquitousaccess to a media-rich collaboration environment, a successful candidate willhave Client-side component experience with browsers on Windows and Macdesktops, WebRTC application technology, server-side experience with Web-basedand real-time VoIP (audio and video). This is an exceptional opportunity toparticipate in both company and customer driven strategic product developmentinitiatives. We need pragmatic, curious, self-motivated engineers withtechnology and market awareness as we implement the course for our futureproducts.
Thequalified candidate will be part of the Virtual Classroom Product Team and willbe responsible for designing and developing software solution to support ourcore Saba Meeting Collaborationproducts. In this role, you will play an integral part in producing the nextmajor release in our product roadmap and have a significant impact onintegrating innovative technologies and features into a robust collaborationplatform.
In this role you will...
- Take role in enhancing our software solutions for our real-time collaboration suite.
- Troubleshoot challenging issues as part of cross-functional team.
- Work closely with multi-discipline teams to upgrade and improve our real-time server solutions.
- Work closely with our cloud-operations teams to analyze our server solutions to provide improvements for deployment & performance
- Produce scalable, maintainable, and test-driven Java/Java script code in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong Java skills applying OOP methodologies; Python experience a plus
- Ability to quickly learn different technologies.
- Experience developing for multiple platforms like Linux, Windows.
- Possess strong debug skills and knowledge of common diagnostic tools.
- Strong understanding of real-time multi-threaded server application development & deployments
- Experience with Linux OS (CentOS, Nginx),Tomcat and working knowledge of F5 load balancer configurations.
- Experience with TCP/IP, UDP, sockets, proxies, HTTPS, SSL/TLS;
- BS or higher in Computer Engineering or related technical discipline with 5-8 years' experience
- Working Knowledge of VMware ESXi Architecture configuration and deployment. VM tuning for real-time applications.
- Working knowledge of Docker based deployments for real-time applications.
- STUN/TURN server configuration/deployment.
- Janus Gateway server and/or Jitsi WebRTC experience.
Back to top