Lead Software Engineer, CyberU (Santa Monica, CA)
We’re looking for aLead Software Engineer, CyberU (Santa Monica, CA)
CyberU is a part of the Cornerstone Startup Accelerator, and we are looking for a proven leader who can lead a team of backend and frontend developers to create the vision for and execute on the infrastructure for a scalable online video and e-commerce learning platform. If you are smart, passionate, resourceful, and want to be a visionary leaderr who will help craft the technical architecture and direction of our product, then this is opportunity for you. The ability and passion to design and implement something from nothing is a must, along with long term vision for architecting quality code. Come join our team, and get in on the ground floor of a startup that will revolutionize the consumer learning space.
In this role you will…
- Lead a team of software engineers in the application development group
- Provide mentorship and guidance to the team members to achieve highest levels of quality and productivity
- Collaborate with QA and Product teams to release software in a timely fashion
- Quickly become an expert on the product architecture and workflows
- Design and develop enterprise level multi-tiered software using open-source technologies
- Provide production support and troubleshooting
- Setup goals, review progress and discuss career advancement with team members
- Communicate issues or project details effectively with direct reports, peers and managers
- Perform other software development and management-related duties
- Promote the platform
- … and being the rockstar you are, will be willing to take on additional responsibilities as needed
You’ve got what it takes if you have…
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering related field
- Extensive web application development experience
- 3+ years of experience managing a team of web-based application developers
- Proven to be a self-learner, and are able to keep up with and make use of new technologies in an ever-changing field
- Ruby experience preferred. Other Open Source technologies desired (Python, Golang, PHP, Java)
- Experience with multi-process Service Oriented Architectures
- Experience developing Cloud Deployed applications (Amazon AWS, Rackspace, Digital Ocean, etc)
- Experience creating/Consuming Web API’s
- The ability to communicate technical issues or project details with both technical and non-technical peers
- Strong problem solving skills and a detail-oriented mindset
- The ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Proven understanding of the SDLC
- Experience with multiple programming languages and concepts: object-oriented, functional, etc.
- Server-side web application development experience
- A strong Database Background (Relational, Document, Key-Value, Graph, etc.)
- Experience with Linux Shells (Command Line skills)
- Experience with Multiprocess Architectures
Extra dose of awesome if you have…..
- DevOps experience a plus
- Experience with Version Control: Git
- Experience with continuous Integration
- Experience withContinuous Deployment
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum Development Methodologies
- Multivariate Testing (“A/B”) experience
- Automated Unit Testing and Test Creation experience
- Performance and Security Optimization experience
- Knowledge of HTML5 concepts and their server-side considerations
Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people are asked to describe the team, the answer is always the same: Smart, Cool, Dependable, and Visionary. We are not a typical tech company (even with our free massages, yoga studio, arcade, movie theatre, free breakfast and generous stock units), because, well, our employees aren’t your typical techies…
We’re always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal. So if you want to work for a friendly, global and innovative company, we’d love to meet you! What are you waiting for?
What We Do:
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) helps organizations to recruit, train and manage their people. We work with hundreds of the world’s largest companies—from Walgreens and Starwood Hotels & Resorts to Deutsche Post DHL and Xerox—and thousands of smaller ones to help them engage their workforces and empower their people. Our software impacts every aspect of the employee experience, helping people to make their best work even better – which ultimately translates into greater business results.
Our software and services are in use by over 27.7 million people in 191 countries and in 42 languages.
Check us out on Linkedin, The Muse, Glassdoor, and Facebook!
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental commitment at Cornerstone OnDemand. All qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class as provided in applicable Federal, State, or Local fair employment laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at [email protected]
Meet Some of Cornerstone OnDemand's Employees
VP Of Global Client Success & Support
Chris defined Cornerstone’s client success strategy, which is now core to the business. He’s constantly talking to clients and communicating their needs internally, executing that strategy and improving customer experience.
Back to top