Lead Product Manager (Santa Monica, CA)
We're looking for aLead Product Manager (Santa Monica, CA)
Cornerstone OnDemand is looking for a passionate and driven Lead Product Manager to lead a team of talented Product Managers working to improve existing products and create new products in the Talent Management space. The Lead PM will own both strategic and hands-on elements of the product they support. They will manage, coach and mentor a team of Product Managers who will build and improve existing products and develop new product initiatives based on customer feedback and market conditions. The Lead Product Manager must have effective communication and writing skills as well as the ability to interface with all groups in the company. The ideal candidate will possess the desire to constantly learn, have strong analytical skills, the ability to think outside the box and a unique blend of business and technical savvy.
In this role you will...
- Manage/mentor one or more product managers
- Strategize product lifecycle management from concept to release
- Collaborate with the entire Product Management team on product definition and product roadmaps
- Partner effectively with cross-functional teams, ensuring knowledge and communication of product roadmaps and optimal prioritization
- Analyze, identify and quantify opportunities for new markets, new product features and new product ideas
- Gain and maintain expertise in the product, market and business trends
- Continually monitor competitor and industry development
- Set product requirements in line with customer needs and business objectives
- Develop market requirements, business cases, product requirements and business plan documentation. Works with the business to ensure quality product delivery
- Make decisions, shape and/or champion enhancements or new products for the product line supporting the overall business strategy
- Act as primary product/product line knowledge source for the business
- Act as primary evangelist and champion for the product/product line
- Partner with Design team on optimal product design
- Work with sales and marketing to implement go-to-market plans
- Provide product communication to a wide variety of audiences i.e. customers, senior management, internal groups, and internal departments and at industry events
- Bachelor's degree of equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in product management, Talent Management, or a related function
- Experience as a lead, senior or management level role within a product management function within a technology-driven environment
- Desire to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Excellent communication, writing, and presenting skills
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Strong Adobe Photoshop and User Interface skills
- Ability to understand technical concepts and web applications
- Ability to brainstorm, think outside the box, and turn to others for guidance and feedback
- Extra dose of awesome if you have...
Nice to have:
- An MBA
- Experience in the Talent Management space
Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people are asked to describe the team, the answer is always the same: Smart, Cool, Dependable, and Visionary. We are not a typical tech company (even with our free massages, yoga studio, arcade, movie theatre, free breakfast and generous stock units), because, well, our employees aren't your typical techies...
We're always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal. So if you want to work for a friendly, global and innovative company, we'd love to meet you! What are you waiting for?
What We Do:
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) helps organizations to recruit, train and manage their people. We work with hundreds of the world's largest companies—from Walgreens and Starwood Hotels & Resorts to Deutsche Post DHL and Xerox—and thousands of smaller ones to help them engage their workforces and empower their people. Our software impacts every aspect of the employee experience, helping people to make their best work even better – which ultimately translates into greater business results.
Our software and services are in use by over 32 million people in 192 countries and in 43 languages.
Check us out on Linkedin, The Muse, Glassdoor, and Facebook!
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental commitment at Cornerstone OnDemand. All qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class as provided in applicable Federal, State, or Local fair employment laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at [email protected]
Meet Some of Cornerstone OnDemand's Employees
Monty manages two Application Development Teams for Cornerstone OnDemand, overseeing those teams’ day-to-day projects and activities, ensuring that team members are continuing to grow in their careers.
Back to top