Instructional Designer - Sales Effectiveness (United States)
We're looking for aInstructional Designer - Sales Effectiveness (United States)
As the instructional designer, you will work with the Sales Effectiveness team to create highly engaging and fun content that keeps the sales and pre-sales team's attention, teaches and helps them. We want you to help us continue to push the boundaries of what sales training can be. Let's break the mold together.
- First and foremost you are a consultant. You are able to discover what the learning needs to accomplish, and why. You need to be able to ask discovery questions at the onset of a request that allow you to understand the process (and how it fits into the everyday lives of the audience), define the behavior change, and set scope.
- You are an ID savant, but not so proud of your craft that you wont break some ID rules for the sake of engagement. You talk to your internal customers like you are from this planet, not from "Planet Instructional Design".
- You have a creative itch that needs to be scratched all the time. Working from a single template for e-learning should make you want to pull you hair out.
- Support training materials creation by creating "flexible standards" that the team can follow.
- You have respectable proofreading skills that to improves quality, readability, consistency, and effectiveness of documentation. You'd be willing to teach to others so their material comes to you cleaner as time goes on.
- Ensure that all information is consistent, easy to understand, and well organized
- Proofread and edit own work and work of others to improve quality, readability, consistency, and effectiveness of documentation
- Demonstrated Instructional Design and Courseware Development principles
- Graphic design experience. We want you to be able to create content that not only teaches, but is beautiful, pleasing and clean.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in learning content creation such as mental models, color theory, information ordering, and inductive and deductive reasoning, visualization, storytelling,
- Strong PC skills and expertise in Articulate Storyline/360, Camtasia, Adobe products
- Experience with video editing including a familiarity with Adobe After Effects
- Ability to understand concepts quickly and accurately and then make the complicated seem easy
- Accomplished presentation skills, including development and delivery
- Desire to continuously learn new features of development tools and software Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize, schedule and meet deadlines
- Work both independently and within a team
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic team
Extra Super Bonus Points for:
- Cornerstone product knowledge
- Pre-sales experience
- Talent management industry experience
- Bachelors degree, preferably in Instructional Design or related field
Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people are asked to describe the team, the answer is always the same: smart, cool, dependable, and visionary. We are not a typical tech company (paid sabbaticals, generous stock units, education reimbursement, and 100% paid employee health coverage), because, well, our employees aren't your typical techies...We're always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal. So if you want to work for a friendly, global and innovative company, we'd love to meet you! What are you waiting for?
What We Do:
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) helps organisations to recruit, train and manage their people. We work with hundreds of the world's largest companies—from Walgreens and Starwood Hotels & Resorts to Deutsche Post DHL and Xerox—and thousands of smaller ones to help them engage their workforces and empower their people. Our software impacts every aspect of the employee experience, helping people to make their best work even better – which ultimately translates into greater business results.Check us out on Linkedin, The Muse, Glassdoor, and Facebook!
Based in Santa Monica, California, the company's solutions are used by more than 33.5 million people in 192 countries and in 43 languages.
Check us out on Linkedin, The Muse, Glassdoor, and Facebook!
Back to top