Front-End Development Manager (Santa Monica, CA)
We're looking for aFront-End Development Manager (Santa Monica, CA)
We are in the process of refactoring our UI framework used by all of our Application Development team using ReactJS and other new front-end technologies to bring a consumer-style experience to our enterprise software suite. We see this a great opportunity to impact our entire user base while managing a world class front-end team and the numerous cross-functional efforts required for this to be successful.
In this role you will...
- Provide mentorship and guidance to the team members to achieve highest levels of quality and productivity
- Setup goals, review progress and discuss career advancement with team members
- Apply technical skills and business knowledge to meet the broad range of end-user, application, system, and infrastructure requirements
- Plan, analyze, design, implement, maintain and support Company's software applications and websites
- Communicate issues or project details effectively with direct reports, peers and managers
- Develop user interfaces using responsive design patterns, following a mobile first directive
- Design and code the Company's software applications and Web sites using ReactJS, Karma, Jasmine, Gulp.js Typescript, Handlebars, HTML5, CSS3, and more
- Experience performance profiling and code-tuning
- Lead several teams of front-end engineers in the Application Development group
- Communicate technical issues or project details to Team Manager and Technical teams
- Research and implement the best technologies and practices
- ... and being the rockstar you are, will be willing to take on additional responsibilities as needed
You've got what it takes if you have...
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering related field
- 3+ years of experience leading a technology team
- 5+ years of web-based application experience
- The ability to communicate technical issues or project details with Software Development Managers
- Strong problem solving skills and a detail-oriented mindset
- Working knowledge of Sass/Less
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Extra dose of awesome if you have...
- Experience with SaaS (Software-as-a-Service)
- Experience with Microsoft back end technology stacks
- Technology agnostic problem solving
Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people are asked to describe the team, the answer is always the same: Smart, Cool, Dependable, and Visionary. We are not a typical tech company (even with our free massages, yoga studio, arcade, movie theatre, free breakfast and generous stock units), because, well, our employees aren't your typical techies...
We're always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal. So if you want to work for a friendly, global and innovative company, we'd love to meet you! What are you waiting for?
What We Do:
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) helps organizations to recruit, train and manage their people. We work with hundreds of the world's largest companies—from Walgreens and Starwood Hotels & Resorts to Deutsche Post DHL and Xerox—and thousands of smaller ones to help them engage their workforces and empower their people. Our software impacts every aspect of the employee experience, helping people to make their best work even better – which ultimately translates into greater business results.
Our software and services are in use by over 32 million people in 192 countries and in 43 languages.
Check us out on Linkedin, The Muse, Glassdoor, and Facebook!
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental commitment at Cornerstone OnDemand. All qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class as provided in applicable Federal, State, or Local fair employment laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at [email protected]
Meet Some of Cornerstone OnDemand's Employees
Monty manages two Technology Development Teams for Cornerstone OnDemand, overseeing those teams’ day-to-day projects and activities, ensuring that team members are continuing to grow in their careers.
Back to top