Financial Reporting Accountant (Sandy, Utah)
- Sandy, UT
We're looking for a
Financial Reporting Accountant (Sandy, Utah)
Located in the heart of Silicon Slopes, the Cornerstone office in Sandy, Utah, is the company's second U.S. hub and is the newest addition to our expanding list of offices around the world. The 27,000-sq.-ft. office features contemporary and highly collaborative work-space with expansive views overlooking the Salt Lake Valley and the beautiful mountains of the Wasatch Front. The office is currently home to 100+ Cornerstone employees primarily on our Finance, Engineering and Client Success teams. We are currently recruiting for senior and staff-level positions in all departments and have plans to triple in size over the next few years. The office is led by industry veteran Trish Coughlin, Chief Accounting Officer, who has 25+ years of experience leading world-class Finance teams.
The Financial Reporting Accountant is responsible for delivering accurate and timely reporting of the balance sheet and income statement line items, for both internal and external stakeholders. In a time where our business is undergoing a transformation to scale to a billion-dollar SaaS operation, we are committed to achieving a balance between re-accelerating our revenue growth and maintaining profitability. This is an excellent opportunity for a Financial Reporting Accountant to assist in the various elements of the financial close (monthly, quarterly and year-end). This individual will be an integral participant in specific sub-processes, including preparing general ledger account reconciliations all the way through completion of supporting schedules for 10-Q and 10-K disclosures and international statutory accounts. Additionally, the role involves liaising with our auditors as well as internal stakeholders, such as Tax and FP&A teams. The Financial Reporting Accountant is expected to work effectively with team members within Accounting and across departments to effect changes and complete special projects required as part of company-wide goals and objectives.
We are looking for someone who is hardworking, motivated and able to interact with inter and intra-departmental team members professionally. This candidate must be focused, intelligent, detail oriented, hands-on, dependable, able to multi-task, a fast learner, and able to have fun while working in a fast-paced environment. We provide an attractive environment for career advancement in a fast-growing company.
In this role you will...
- Report to the Director, SEC Reporting
- Prepare the Quarterly and Annual Reports on Form 10-Q/K. the quarterly earnings release and other SEC documents; manage the internal and external review of these documents
- Perform monthly, quarterly and year-end close procedures
- Prepare the monthly reporting package, including by subsidiary and departments, in compliance with US GAAP or appropriate statutory requirements for our international subsidiaries
- Initiate, improve, and create efficiencies in systems and procedures
- Ensure controls are properly performed within the financial reporting and financial close processes
- Coordinate with external auditors for requests and inquiries for SEC reporting and statutory requirements for our international subsidiaries
You have what it takes if you have...
- A bachelor's degree related to accounting/finance or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of relevant financial statement experience
- Demonstrated experience in financial statement preparation
- The ability to work independently and be a team player
- Proven experience working in a team under pressure to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail combined with the ability to communicate the "big picture"
- Confidence working in PowerPoint and Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups, advanced filters)
Extra Dose of Awesomeness if you have...
- A CPA license (or eligibility to sit for the CPA exam) preferred
- Financial Reporting experience
- Master's degree in accounting preferred
- Knowledge of Wdesk and NetSuite
- Interest in understanding how IT systems and workflows are designed
- Experience with Enterprise SaaS business models
Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people are asked to describe the team, the answer is always the same: Smart, Cool, Dependable, and Visionary. We are not a typical tech company (even with our unlimited vacation, paid sabbaticals, generous stock units, education reimbursement, because, well, our employees aren't your typical techies...)
We're always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal. So if you want to work for a friendly, global and innovative company, we'd love to meet you! What are you waiting for?
What We Do:
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) was founded with a passion for empowering people through learning and a conviction that people should be your organization's greatest competitive advantage. Cornerstone is a global human capital management (HCM) leader with a core belief that companies thrive when they help their employees to realize their potential. Putting this belief into practice, Cornerstone offers solutions to help companies strategically manage and continuously develop their talent throughout the entire employee lifecycle. Cornerstone's HCM platform is successfully used by more than 75 million people in 180+ countries and in 40+ languages.
Check us out on Linkedin, The Muse, Glassdoor, and Facebook!
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental commitment at Cornerstone OnDemand. All qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, religion, color, gender, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class as provided in applicable Federal, State, or Local fair employment laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at email@example.com.
Back to top