Field Product Manager - Government
We're looking for a
Field Product Manager - Government
Cornerstone OnDemand is looking for a passionate and driven Field Product Manager (PM) - Government to help improve existing products and create new products in the Talent Management space.
The PM will analyze and improve existing products and develop new product initiatives based on customer feedback and market conditions. The PM will translate requirements and feedback into functional specifications for development.
Candidates must have strong communication and writing skills as well as the ability to interface with all groups in the company. Responsibilities will include speaking with customers, analysts and prospects to communicate product vision and direction. The PM must possess the desire to constantly learn, have strong analytical skills, the ability to think outside the box and a unique blend of business and technical savvy.
This is a remote position to be based on the east coast whether in Washington, DC or another east coast city.
In this role you will...
- Oversee product planning and project management of the product lifecycle from concept to release
- Gather requirements from customers and prospects and work with Sales Leadership to prioritize
- Solve complex problems across multiple industries and clients
- Analyze and research broader market trends, competitors, and industry analyst feedback
- Research technology and trends of Web 2.0 applications
- Gather input and feedback from all teams including Development, Account Services, Consulting, Marketing, Sales and Subject Matter Experts
- Adapt requirements and feedback into full functional specifications for development
- Lead cross functional project teams to ensure new solutions meet customer requirements and commitments
- Present new product initiatives and vision to customers, prospects, industry analysts, and internal stakeholders
- ...and being the Rockstar you are, will be willing to take on additional responsibilities as needed
You've got what it takes if you have...
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of professional experience in software environment as Product Manager/Product Owner/Business Analyst in a Public Sector environment, specifically at the Federal/State level
- Experience in an Agile/Kanban environment working with development teams
- Desire to work in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Strong Adobe Photoshop and User Interface skills
- Ability to understand technical concepts and web applications
- Ability to brainstorm, think outside the box, and turn to others for guidance and feedback
- US Citizen and can pass a US Government Security Clearance (if required)
Extra dose of awesome if you have:
- Advanced degree or MBA
- Experience in Human Resources, either in the business or technical function
- Experience in a start-up environment or a global software team
Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people are asked to describe the team, the answer is always the same: Smart, Cool, Dependable, and Visionary. We are not a typical tech company (even with our unlimited vacation, paid sabbaticals, generous stock units, education reimbursement, because, well, our employees aren't your typical techies...)
We're always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal. So if you want to work for a friendly, global and innovative company, we'd love to meet you! What are you waiting for?
What We Do:
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) helps organizations to recruit, train and manage their people. We work with hundreds of the world's largest companies-from Walgreens and Starwood Hotels & Resorts to Deutsche Post DHL and Xerox-and thousands of smaller ones to help them engage their workforces and empower their people. Our software impacts every aspect of the employee experience, helping people to make their best work even better - which ultimately translates into greater business results.
Our software and services are in use by over 40 million people in 192 countries and in 43 languages.
Check us out on Linkedin, The Muse, Glassdoor, and Facebook!
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental commitment at Cornerstone OnDemand. All qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, religion, color, gender, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class as provided in applicable Federal, State, or Local fair employment laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at email@example.com.
Back to top