Director, Strategic Pricing (Santa Monica, CA)
We’re looking for aDirector, Strategic Pricing (Santa Monica, CA)
Reporting to the CFO, The Director of Pricing will drive global product pricing strategy, functionality and future direction for the Cornerstone suite of product and service offerings. By maximizing sales through effective pricing strategy, competitive intel and analytics, insights and creative programs this role will achieve the goal of aligning various teams, divisionally, globally and financially in achieving an effective and successful pricing program valued by internal and external stakeholders.
In this role you will…
- Establish, in partnership with the Executive Leadership Team, a defined pricing vision, strategy and direction for global product offerings
- Provide research, guidance and comprehensive recommendations to the CEO, CFO and other senior executives to support pricing plan and strategy for business growth, profitably and efficiency
- Identify areas of operational inefficiency to drive department and cross-functional efficiencies
- Collaborate with corporate strategy, solution architecture, and product marketing on pricing and packaging all of Cornerstone products and services globally
- Work closely with Executive level Sales, Legal, Product Management, Operations and Finance to adapt our pricing strategy and deal structures to the market
- Create and define SKUs, product bundling, discounting strategies, and approval optimization
- Establish global pricing structures, in collaboration with finance operations, to include exchange rate and target margin optimization
- Report out pricing insights and trends to executive management on a quarterly, and ultimately, real-time basis
- Manage new product definition, services packages, and necessary documentation and statements of work
- Manages internal pricing committees which sets pricing strategy and policies
- Partner in deal desk management for custom and strategic enterprise deals In collaboration with Sales Enablement, train global field operations in pricing methodologies, techniques and strategies
- Partner with the Business Applications team to establish technological automation, implementation and other pricing tools (Apttus)
- Work with other teams to streamline quote-to-cash processes and systems
- …and being the rockstar you are, be willing to take on additional responsibilities as needed
You’ve got what it takes if you have…
- Experience pricing Enterprise solutions (ideally SaaS, software)
- Strong insights into software pricing models and industry practices, software best practices and policies
- Ability to recognize future opportunities and anticipate future challenges
- Demonstrated success in strategic and tactical pricing for complex, global multi-component product offerings
- Demonstrated success in working cross-functionally to achieve product, solution, and organizational objectives
- Ability to understand, collaborate, effectively influence all business leaders, especially key stakeholders in Sales and Services
- Skilled professional in considering business leader concerns while driving adoption and results
- Proven success with effectively capturing additional economics by improved pricing
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills with proven ability to present complex business problems to Senior Management
- BA/BS in Finance, or closely related field
Extra dose of awesome if you have…
- Master’s degree (MA, MS, MBA)
Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people are asked to describe the team, the answer is always the same: Smart, Cool, Dependable, and Visionary. We are not a typical tech company (even with our free massages, yoga studio, arcade, movie theatre, free breakfast and generous stock units), because, well, our employees aren’t your typical techies…
We’re always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal. So if you want to work for a friendly, global and innovative company, we’d love to meet you! What are you waiting for?
What We Do:
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) helps organizations to recruit, train and manage their people. We work with hundreds of the world’s largest companies—from Walgreens and Starwood Hotels & Resorts to Deutsche Post DHL and Xerox—and thousands of smaller ones to help them engage their workforces and empower their people. Our software impacts every aspect of the employee experience, helping people to make their best work even better – which ultimately translates into greater business results.
Our software and services are in use by over 26 million people in 191 countries and in 42 languages.
Check us out on Linkedin, The Muse, Glassdoor, and Facebook!
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental commitment at Cornerstone OnDemand. All qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class as provided in applicable Federal, State, or Local fair employment laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at [email protected]
Back to top