Director, Platform Engineering (Santa Monica, CA)
We’re looking for aDirector, Platform Engineering (Santa Monica, CA)
The Director of Platform Engineering will lead a very senior team of architects and engineers in the on-going development of the Cornerstone PaaS offering. He or she will report to the VP Engineering and will work closely with other Technology managers (Directors of Software Architecture, Application Development, QA and Project Managers) and with our Product Management team to help define and execute on our platform engineering initiative. The role requires the ability to oversee development of highly complex meta programming with leading edge Microsoft technology and includes direct responsibility for a staff of about 10.Cornerstone’s platform initiative is well underway and we are entering a phase of stabilization and the planning of public rollout and migration of existing applications to the new platform. This is our most important technology initiative and the role therefore has significant visibility and responsibility as well as tremendous career potential in return for successful execution.The director should be a mature, confident, battle-scarred technology leader with experience building metadata driven PaaS solutions in a high-growth environment. Someone with excellent people skills and the ability to communicate across all levels is vital. This person should be capable of establishing credibility quickly with hands-on engineers who can also plan, execute and deliver a complex project involving a cross-functional team.
In this role you will work on the following…
- Engineering process: re-architect software applications/systems, object-oriented design, rapid prototyping, agile development methodologies
- Strategic vision: identification and pursuit of opportunities associated with new and evolving technologies
- Personnel management: recruiting, performance reviews and staff development
You’ve got what it takes if you have…
- A degree in computer science or related discipline – Masters preferred
- At least 10 years of experience in commercial software development including 5 in a PaaS/SaaS model
- At least 7 years of experience managing development teams
- Experience managing a team of 10 or more software developers through SDLC
- Experience with object-oriented design and development
- Experience with transactional database applications
- Experience building applications using microservices architecture
- Expertise with Microsoft Technologies (Visual Studio, C#, ASP.NET, SQL Server)
- Excellent analytic problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management and leadership skills
You’ve got what it takes if you have…
- Metadata driven architecture
- REST API with OData
- Microsoft ServiceFabric
Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people are asked to describe the team, the answer is always the same: Smart, Cool, Dependable, and Visionary. We are not a typical tech company (even with our free massages, yoga studio, arcade, movie theatre, free breakfast and generous stock units), because, well, our employees aren’t your typical techies…
We’re always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal. So if you want to work for a friendly, global and innovative company, we’d love to meet you! What are you waiting for?
What We Do:
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) helps organizations to recruit, train and manage their people. We work with hundreds of the world’s largest companies—from Walgreens and Starwood Hotels & Resorts to Deutsche Post DHL and Xerox—and thousands of smaller ones to help them engage their workforces and empower their people. Our software impacts every aspect of the employee experience, helping people to make their best work even better – which ultimately translates into greater business results.
Our software and services are in use by over 27.7 million people in 191 countries and in 42 languages.
Check us out on Linkedin, The Muse, Glassdoor, and Facebook!
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental commitment at Cornerstone OnDemand. All qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class as provided in applicable Federal, State, or Local fair employment laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at email@example.com.
Meet Some of Cornerstone OnDemand's Employees
VP Of Global Client Success & Support
Chris defined Cornerstone’s client success strategy, which is now core to the business. He’s constantly talking to clients and communicating their needs internally, executing that strategy and improving customer experience.
Back to top