Billings Manager (Santa Monica, CA)
We're looking for aBillings Manager (Santa Monica, CA)
The Billings Manager will be responsible for the management of a team of Billings Specialists. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, able to multi-task, detail oriented, honest, hardworking, and able to interact with internal departments, management, and service providers on a daily basis. This candidate must be focused, intelligent, dependable, motivated and able to have fun.
In this role you will..
- Be responsible for planning, organizing and managing billing team, including setting strategic direction, lead, build and mentor group
- Be responsible for the recruitment, retention, and development of billing team
- Guides billing team actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating billing policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines
- Ensures the accuracy of billing reports and metrics and uses the information to manage productivity and accuracy of the billing team
- Consistently reviews the effectiveness of billing processes and makes recommendations for improvement
- Coordinate billing audit and compliance activities and validate adherence to SOX controls and other compliance guidelines
- Be responsible for the resolution of complex billing matters
- Maintain strong customer relationships to ensure the immediate resolution of problems as well as being responsive to future needs
- Review complex multi-year contracts and approve related sales orders
- Coordinate with various departments to support our monthly and quarterly close procedures
You've got what it takes if you have..
- B.S./B.A. in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance is preferred
- 5+ years of experience with at least 3 years of supervising/managing employees
- Must have strong critical thinking, written, and verbal communication skills
- Excellent understanding of Finance, with particular emphasis in Credit, Billing, and Collections (Accounts Receivable)
- Ability to work independently and is a team player
- Proven experience in working in a team under pressure to meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Excel and Word. Experience with NetSuite is a plus
Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people are asked to describe the team, the answer is always the same: Smart, Cool, Dependable, and Visionary. We are not a typical tech company (even with our free massages, yoga studio, arcade, movie theatre, free breakfast and generous stock units), because, well, our employees aren't your typical techies...
We're always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal. So if you want to work for a friendly, global and innovative company, we'd love to meet you! What are you waiting for?
What We Do:
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) helps organizations to recruit, train and manage their people. We work with hundreds of the world's largest companies—from Walgreens and Starwood Hotels & Resorts to Deutsche Post DHL and Xerox—and thousands of smaller ones to help them engage their workforces and empower their people. Our software impacts every aspect of the employee experience, helping people to make their best work even better – which ultimately translates into greater business results.
Our software and services are in use by over 19.1 million people in 191 countries and in 42 languages.
Check us out on Linkedin, Glassdoor, and Facebook!
Meet Some of Cornerstone OnDemand's Employees
VP Of Global Client Success & Support
Chris defined Cornerstone’s client success strategy, which is now core to the business. He’s constantly talking to clients and communicating their needs internally, executing that strategy and improving customer experience.
Back to top