AVP - Finance Operations (Salt Lake City, UT)
We're looking for a
AVP - Finance Operations (Salt Lake City, UT)
AVP, Finance Operations
Cornerstone OnDemand (CSOD) is at a critically important juncture in the company's lifecycle. CSOD is the world's largest and most successful stand-alone unified Talent Management company and one of the world's largest SaaS companies. After 22 quarters as a public entity, delivering stellar results as a high growth SaaS company, CSOD has gone from a startup to a publicly traded company valued at approximately $3.0B. The company is entering a phase of achieving scale and global expansion through continued relentless execution.
Cornerstone OnDemand is seeking an AVP to lead our Finance Operations team. This role will report to the Chief Accounting Officer. A successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of cultivating strong relationships, successful project management, ability to implement process improvements that build scalability as we grow and a strategic/critical thinking skillset. This role will need to have a solid accounting background, a strong understanding of internal controls, process improvement and a willingness to challenge the status quo. Ideal candidate will be located in Salt Lake City, UT.
What you will do...
- Direct supervision of Commissions, Payroll and Stock Administration teams
- Ability to work with the Procure to Pay team to successfully transition the Accounts Payable and Employee Expense to Finance in a seamless manner and to own those functions
- Develop and execute departmental strategies and goals that achieve company-wide objectives
- Maintain strong controls environment and ensure compliance with company's policies and procedures
- Partner with other teams to design and implement cross-functional process improvements, uptake new system functionality and support initiatives that scale with business growth
- Direct internal and cross functional projects across teams
- Ability to address escalations and resolve issues with key business stakeholders
- Establish quarterly roadmaps, critical milestones, and work with other cross functional teams to prioritize initiatives
- Build relationships with key stakeholders at all levels across the organization and work cross functionally to accomplish goals within and outside of finance
- Listen and work to the best outcome for the company
- Ability to influence areas outside direct control
- Lead, motivate and develop a team to grow their careers by enhancing processes, developing technical capabilities, building relationships with the business, and solving problems.
- Travel - 10%
You have what it takes if you...
- 15+ years of related experience with increasing responsibilities.
- 7+ years in a leadership role with proven ability to lead and manage teams
- Experience in a high growth or public company
- Proven ability to manage to multiple deadlines and competing priorities.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and comfortable with driving change
- Ability to prioritize and work with a sense of urgency.
- Strong analytic, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to make recommendations and influence outcomes
- Customer service focused and solution oriented
- Experience building new capabilities, with a process orientation
- Strong leadership skills, ability to develop people and used to working with geographically dispersed teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Extra Dose of Awesome if you have...
- Experience in the technology and/or software industry
- Experience in a SAAS company
- Experience with M&A
- Change management experience
- Experience at a matrixed organization with $500 Million + in revenue
Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people are asked to describe the team, the answer is always the same: Smart, Cool, Dependable, and Visionary. We are not a typical tech company (even with our unlimited vacation, paid sabbaticals, generous stock units, education reimbursement, because, well, our employees aren't your typical techies...)
We're always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal. So if you want to work for a friendly, global and innovative company, we'd love to meet you! What are you waiting for?
What We Do:
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) was founded with a passion for empowering people through learning and a conviction that people should be your organization's greatest competitive advantage. Cornerstone is a global human capital management (HCM) leader with a core belief that companies thrive when they help their employees to realize their potential. Putting this belief into practice, Cornerstone offers solutions to help companies strategically manage and continuously develop their talent throughout the entire employee lifecycle. Cornerstone's HCM platform is successfully used by more than 40 million people in 180+ countries and in 40+ languages.
Check us out on Linkedin, The Muse, Glassdoor, and Facebook!
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental commitment at Cornerstone OnDemand. All qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, religion, color, gender, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class as provided in applicable Federal, State, or Local fair employment laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top