Associate Technical Project Manager (Santa Monica, CA)
We're looking for aAssociate Technical Project Manager (Santa Monica, CA)
You will become part of a global integration team. You will manage many projects and resources around the world to help with the integration and implementation of our world class enterprise software products. You will work with implementation consultants, partners, and clients to identify gaps in functionality to create new technical solutions that support client specific functional requirements. You will be responsible for managing project status communications with customer executives and internal management. You will work closely with our internal development team to decompose technical problems, and assist in establishing estimates in project planning.
To be a good fit for this position you will have at least two years of customer-facing, system integration and technology project management experience.
In this role you will..
- Project manage many projects at a given time
- Work very closely with the offshore engineering team to provide requirements in the development of integration solutions
- Create thorough & detailed requirements documents and technical specifications for integration solutions, to provide to the client (for approval) and engineering (for the development)
- Conduct needs assessments of customer requirements, develop scope of work and supporting documentation, to include conceptual solution options, diagrams, workflows, business cases, etc. to support a compelling winning solution
- Assist in training employees on the basics of technology integration and solution designs
- Work as a liaison Consultant throughout the organization to establish best practice
- Use advanced technical knowledge of integrations to write and maintain new/revised manuals, bulletins, implementation packages, and other technical documents
- Ability to create, assimilate, and convey technical materials in a concise and effective manner
- Effectively communicate a solution vision to the team
- Create detailed project work plans from estimated scope of work
- Track project status, risks, budgets and provide in-depth status reports to the Management
- Apply consistent approach and deliver consistent quality across engagements
- .. and being the rockstar you are, will be willing to take on additional responsibilities as needed
You've got what it takes if you have..
- An acute attention to detail
- Ability to manage & own many projects at a given time
- A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 2+ years in project management, strategic planning, business analysis, process design, research and competitive analysis, package implementation, knowledge of multiple technologies and interactive design
- Expertise in one or more industries, organizational structures, business process design techniques and development methodologies
- A strong technical background, with experience identifying solutions that integrate Enterprise applications, SAAS or other complex services. Key skills and experiences would include working with Microsoft .NET, XML, SQL Server or BizTalk
- Advanced technical knowledge of integrations to write and maintain new/revised manuals, bulletins, implementation packages, and other technical documents
- Experience with software integrations as a consultant is required: Target platforms or technologies, Microsoft, PeopleSoft, SAP, Oracle, Siebel, or Salesforce.com
- Thorough understanding of the project life cycle process to effectively manage through the complexities of the business solution
- Experience in full lifecycle software development process and methods
- Exceptionally strong leadership and communication skills to effectively manage client accounts and multidisciplinary teams
- Highly proficient using Excel and Word
Extra dose of awesome if you have..
- Experience with MS Project and Visio
Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people are asked to describe the team, the answer is always the same: Smart, Cool, Dependable, and Visionary. We are not a typical tech company (even with our unlimited PTO, paid sabbaticals, generous stock units, education reimbursement, and 100% paid employee health coverage), because, well, our employees aren't your typical techies...
We're always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal. So if you want to work for a friendly, global and innovative company, we'd love to meet you! What are you waiting for?
What We Do:
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) helps organizations to recruit, train and manage their people. We work with hundreds of the world's largest companies—from Walgreens and Starwood Hotels & Resorts to Deutsche Post DHL and Xerox—and thousands of smaller ones to help them engage their workforces and empower their people. Our software impacts every aspect of the employee experience, helping people to make their best work even better – which ultimately translates into greater business results.
Our software and services are in use by over 31 million people in 191 countries and in 43 languages.
Check us out on Linkedin, The Muse, Glassdoor, and Facebook!
Meet Some of Cornerstone OnDemand's Employees
VP Of Global Client Success & Support
Chris defined Cornerstone’s client success strategy, which is now core to the business. He’s constantly talking to clients and communicating their needs internally, executing that strategy and improving customer experience.
Back to top