Application Security Architect (Santa Monica, CA)
We're looking for aApplication Security Architect (Santa Monica, CA)
This an opportunity to join a team of extremely bright individuals "Doing Big Things" at the fastest growing SAAS company in the country which also just happens to be the #1 midsize company in LA (Glassdoor).
The Web Application Security Engineer position is a hands-on role that involves evaluating and enforcing application security in all phases of the software development life cycle. This position will work closely with our development teams to define the application security best practices, perform software architecture and design reviews, conduct white box security testing, and support the identification, interpretation, and remediation of vulnerabilities across a variety of applications, programming languages, and platforms.
In this role you will..
- Participate in architecture and design reviews with senior development/DevOps staffs
- Define and design security code analysis tools and framework
- Conduct white box security testing to assess and validate application security
- Define, maintain and enforce application security best practices
- Monitor and track progress of found vulnerabilities and maintain the history
- Explain and demonstrate vulnerabilities to application/system owners, and provide recommendations for mitigation
- Issue reports on assigned application and system scans
- Perform Secure Code Development Training to developers and relevant staffs
You've got what it takes if you have..
- Bachelor's degree in an Information Technology related field of study or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in web or mobile application security
- Expert knowledge of information security principles, web applications and a level of familiarity with malicious code and common techniques used by hackers
- Knowledge of cloud-based infrastructures/software and how they affect security needs
- Basic knowledge of SQL and prior experience with programming in one or more server-side technologies such as ASP.Net and Java etc.
- Experience with application security code review practices and methods, such as OWASP Top Ten
- Experience conducting secure code development training
- Experience using Agile software development and project management
- Experience using vulnerability assessment tools/platforms such as Nessus, Qualys, GFI, HP Fortify, Veracode, etc.
- Knowledge of cryptographic tools or security APIs is a plus
- Understanding of malware such as worms, virus, Trojans, etc.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills; outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivation and the ability to work under minimal supervision are a must
Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people are asked to describe the team, the answer is always the same: Smart, Cool, Dependable, and Visionary. We are not a typical tech company (even with our free massages, yoga studio, arcade, movie theatre, free breakfast and generous stock units), because, well, our employees aren't your typical techies...
We're always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal. So if you want to work for a friendly, global and innovative company, we'd love to meet you! What are you waiting for?
What We Do:
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) helps organizations to recruit, train and manage their people. We work with hundreds of the world's largest companies—from Walgreens and Starwood Hotels & Resorts to Deutsche Post DHL and Xerox—and thousands of smaller ones to help them engage their workforces and empower their people. Our software impacts every aspect of the employee experience, helping people to make their best work even better – which ultimately translates into greater business results.
Our software and services are in use by over 29.9 million people in 191 countries and in 42 languages.
Check us out on Linkedin, The Muse, Glassdoor, and Facebook!
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental commitment at Cornerstone OnDemand. All qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class as provided in applicable Federal, State, or Local fair employment laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at [email protected]
Meet Some of Cornerstone OnDemand's Employees
VP Of Global Client Success & Support
Chris defined Cornerstone’s client success strategy, which is now core to the business. He’s constantly talking to clients and communicating their needs internally, executing that strategy and improving customer experience.
Back to top