Accounting Manager (Sandy, Utah)
- Sandy, UT
We're looking for a
Accounting Manager (Sandy, Utah)
The Accounting Manager is responsible for delivering accurate and timely reporting of the balance sheet and income statement line items, for both internal and external stakeholders. In a time where our business is undergoing a transformation to scale to a billion dollar SaaS operation, we are committed to achieving a balance between reaccelerating our revenue growth and maintaining profitability. This is an excellent opportunity for the Accounting Manager to manage various elements of the financial close (monthly, quarterly and year end). This individual will manage the GL team, which is principally responsible for preparing general ledger account reconciliations all the way through completion of supporting schedules for 10-Q and 10-K disclosure. Additionally, the role involves liaising with our auditors as well as internal stakeholders and business leaders within the organization.
We are looking for someone who is a self-starter, effective leader, strong communicator, hardworking and able to interact with management and various teams on a daily/regular basis. This candidate must be focused, intelligent, dependable, and able to have manage multiple tasks at the same time.
In this role you will...
- Manage the monthly close processes and review monthly close reconciliations to ensure timely and accurate closing of the books for internal and external reporting
- Maintain systems and procedures to comply with SOX requirements; Initiate corrective actions as necessary
- Initiate, improve, and create efficiencies in systems and procedures
- Liaise with our external auditors for the quarterly reviews and year-end audits
- Analyze and synthesize trends in data and information to identify risks and requirements for additional processes and procedures
- Maintain great relationships with business partners and accounting peers to address accounting and reporting needs
- Foster an environment of high-quality work, team collaboration and continuous improvement
- Ability to management team members remotely between our different offices
- Other accounting related duties, as required
You've got what it takes if you have...
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, CPA or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of relevant accounting experience
- 2+ years of management experience
- Proven experience leading a team under pressure to meet deadlines
- Exceptional communication skills are required to interact upward and cross-functionally
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to coach and develop staff through close procedures and fostering teamwork
Extra Dose of Awesomeness if you have...
- Knowledge of NetSuite
- Experience with Enterprise SaaS business models
- Interest in understanding how IT systems and workflows are designed
Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people are asked to describe the team, the answer is always the same: Smart, Cool, Dependable, and Visionary. We are not a typical tech company (even with our unlimited vacation, paid sabbaticals, generous stock units, education reimbursement, because, well, our employees aren't your typical techies...)
We're always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal. So if you want to work for a friendly, global and innovative company, we'd love to meet you! What are you waiting for?
What We Do:
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) was founded with a passion for empowering people through learning and a conviction that people should be your organization's greatest competitive advantage. Cornerstone is a global human capital management (HCM) leader with a core belief that companies thrive when they help their employees to realize their potential. Putting this belief into practice, Cornerstone offers solutions to help companies strategically manage and continuously develop their talent throughout the entire employee lifecycle. Cornerstone's HCM platform is successfully used by more than 75 million people in 180+ countries and in 40+ languages.
Check us out on Linkedin, The Muse, Glassdoor, and Facebook!
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental commitment at Cornerstone OnDemand. All qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, religion, color, gender, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class as provided in applicable Federal, State, or Local fair employment laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top