Accounting Manager, Commissions - (Sandy, UT)
- Sandy, UT
We're looking for a
Accounting Manager, Commissions - (Sandy, UT)
Cornerstone's Salt Lake Office (located in Sandy) is expanding! We are immediately seeking an Accounting Manager, Commissions to assist with our crucial accounting for and operations of Cornerstone's commissions programs.
Working with our existing team, the Accounting Manager, Commissions will be overseeing day-to-day commissions operation, commissions accounting and taking on ad hoc projects to support the business. This person will be responsible for the calculation, processing and reconciliation of commissions data, commission areas of the financial close (monthly, quarterly and year end), supporting the preparation of 10-Q and 10-K disclosure items and process improvement. The Accounting Manager, Commissions will manage approximately 5 commission team members, work cross-functionally with sales and business operation teams to ensure the accuracy of the commissions data, effectiveness and efficiency of the commissions processes.
We are looking for someone who is a self-starter, effective leader, strong communicator, hardworking and able to interact with management and various teams on a daily/regular basis. This candidate must be focused, intelligent, detail oriented, highly analytical, hands-on, dependable, and able to have manage multiple tasks at the same time.
In this role you will...
- Oversee day-to-day commissions operation activities
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly, and year-end close related to commissions
- Ensure commissions expense and deferred commissions are being accounted for in accordance to US GAAP and company's accounting policy
- Initiate, improve, and create efficiencies in systems and procedures
- Maintain great relationships with business partners and accounting peers to address accounting and reporting needs
- Foster an environment of high-quality work, team collaboration and continuous improvement
- Manage and support requests and inquiries from sales, operation and talent teams regarding commissions and comp plan
- Review and assess commissions accounting policies, assumptions and processes
- Ensure controls are being properly designed and performed for commissions related accounts
- Coordination with external auditors for requests and inquiries
- Drive accounting and operation process improvement
- Other accounting related duties, as required
You've got what it takes if you have...
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, CPA or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years of relevant accounting experience
- 2+ years of management experience
- Experience with Commissions
- Knowledge of mid to large enterprise ERP and CRM system
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Proven experience leading a team under pressure to meet deadlines
- Exceptional communication skills are required to interact upward and cross-functionally
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to coach and develop staff through close procedures and fostering teamwork
- Consideration for privacy and security obligations
- Must be able to work independently and be a team player
- Strong communication skills (written & verbal)
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Detail oriented
Extra Dose of Awesomeness if you have...
- CPA and public accounting experiences are highly preferred
- Knowledge of NetSuite
- Knowledge of Anaplan
- Experience with Enterprise SaaS business models
- Interest in understanding how IT systems and workflows are designed
Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people are asked to describe the team, the answer is always the same: smart, cool, dependable, and visionary. We're always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal. So if you want to work for a friendly, global and innovative company, we'd love to meet you!
What We Do:
Cornerstone is apremier people development company. We believe people can achieve anything whenthey have the right development and growth opportunities. We offerorganizations the technology, content, expertise and specialized focus to helpthem realize the potential of their people. Featuring comprehensive recruiting,personalized learning, modern training content, development-driven performancemanagement and holistic employee data management and insights, Cornerstone'speople development solutions are successfully used by more than 75 million people in 180+ countries and in nearly 50 languages.
Cornerstone takes special care to ensure the security and privacy of the data of its users.
Check us out on Linkedin, Comparably, Glassdoor, and Facebook!
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental commitment at Cornerstone OnDemand. All qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, religion, color, gender, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class as provided in applicable Federal, State, or Local fair employment laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at email@example.com.
Back to top