Accounting Director (Santa Monica, CA)
We're looking for a
Accounting Director (Santa Monica, CA)
We are seeking an experienced professional to lead the general accounting team. We are looking for someone who is a leader, strong communicator, mentor for the team. The Accounting Director will report to the Controller and be an integral leader within the Finance department responsible for various aspects of the financial close and reporting processes. This candidate must be focused, intelligent, dependable, and able to manage multiple tasks at the same time.
In this role you will...
- Oversee the accounting team through monthly and quarterly close processes and review monthly close to ensure timely and accurate closing of the books for internal and external reporting
- Maintain systems and procedures to comply with SOX requirements; Initiate corrective actions as necessary
- Identify, own and improve overall accounting systems and processes
- Manage and liaise our external auditors for the quarterly reviews and year-end audits
- Identify and assess appropriate accounting treatment and disclosure requirements of transactions, agreements, or business plans
- Analyze and synthesize trends in data and information to identify risks and requirements for additional processes and procedures
- Develop and manage great relationships with business partners and accounting peers to address accounting and reporting needs
- Foster an environment of high quality work, team collaboration and continuous improvement
- Other accounting related duties, as required
You've got what it takes if you have…
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, CPA or equivalent work experience
- 12-15 years of accounting related experience. Combination of public accounting and private industry mix preferred
- Proven experience leading a team under pressure to meet deadlines
- Exceptional communication skills are required to interact upward and cross functionally and manage a large team
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to coach and develop staff through close procedures and fostering team work
- Knowledge of NetSuite or another accounting system is a plus
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people are asked to describe the team, the answer is always the same: Smart, Cool, Dependable, and Visionary. We are not a typical tech company (even with our free massages, yoga studio, arcade, movie theatre, free breakfast and generous stock units), because, well, our employees aren't your typical techies...
We're always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal. So if you want to work for a friendly, global and innovative company, we'd love to meet you! What are you waiting for?
What We Do:
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) helps organizations to recruit, train and manage their people. We work with hundreds of the world's largest companies—from Walgreens and Starwood Hotels & Resorts to Deutsche Post DHL and Xerox—and thousands of smaller ones to help them engage their workforces and empower their people. Our software impacts every aspect of the employee experience, helping people to make their best work even better – which ultimately translates into greater business results.
Our software and services are in use by over 33.5 million people in 192 countries and in 43 languages.
Check us out on Linkedin, The Muse, Glassdoor, and Facebook!
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental commitment at Cornerstone OnDemand. All qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, religion, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class as provided in applicable Federal, State, or Local fair employment laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at email@example.com.
Back to top