Software Architecture Manager
Core Digital Media is seeking a Software Architect Manager to join their technology team. The Architect Manager will work across platforms and applications and will act as a consultant and mentor to other developers in the group. This is a hands on role involving technical analysis, design, development of systems, finding/implementing technical solutions and making the applications ready for future. This person will work closely with the other technical team leads for ideation, exploration and implementation of new technologies. We are looking for a pro-active, self-motivated, well-rounded and hands-on individual who likes to work in a fun and collaborative environment.
About our Technology Department:
Our technology team is responsible for the development and operations of all the consumer-facing web applications as well as internal applications. We constantly optimize our web sites especially focusing on mobile devices. The majority of the applications that enable our marketing team to be a leader in online advertising are built in-house.
Our technology platform runs on a highly scalable virtual infrastructure which extends to the cloud for disaster recovery. We use advanced monitoring tools such as Splunk and Dynatrace to quickly identify production issues.
We leverage the power of Java and popular frameworks such as Hibernate, Spring, jQuery and AngularJS for building enterprise-class applications. We take advantage of new initiatives to introduce technologies such as MongoDB, Zookeeper, Kafka, Yarn and Spark to keep our stack current.
- Set technical/architectural direction and evaluate emerging technologies to meet long and short-term business objectives.
- Work with technology peers to define and implement technology roadmap.
- Create prototypes and mentor engineers/technology team members for newer implementations/concepts.
- Responsible for architectural review of all application development.
- Responsible for planning, architecting, designing and implementation of technology projects and product features.
- Propose and implement new projects or recommend system improvements.
- Conduct research, develop/assist with proof-of-concepts and provide recommendations for vendor/product selection.
- Help with troubleshooting and debugging application issues.
- Coach and mentor individuals in architecture team to build a strong cross-functional team with well-defined measurable goals.
- Manage schedules and work queues for architecture team.
- Provide effort estimations and project implementation strategies, track progress and deadlines of projects in architecture team queue.
- Conduct technology workshops/sessions/presentations for introducing new concepts and bring awareness in the team.
- Strong core Java skills and understanding of OOP and design patterns.
- Working knowledge of core Java libraries and Java EE concepts.
- Strong experience in Spring Framework, Hibernate and Spring MVC.
- Experience in design and implementing RESTful Web Services – both application development and infrastructure.
- Experience with Tomcat or JBoss application servers.
- Experience in relational databases, preferably Oracle, and hands on in SQL and database schema design.
- Experience in both Windows and Unix/Linux environments.
- Experience in managing team.
- Experience with unit testing frameworks and agile methodologies.
- Experience with Micro services architecture is a big plus.
- Experience with cloud based application development/deployment is a plus.
- Experience with clustered and distributed system architecture and design is a plus.
- Experience with containerized environment is a plus.
- BS/MS/PhD in CS or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of experience in Java based data driven web application development
- Ability to comprehend detailed project specifications as well as the ability to adapt to various technologies and frameworks.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and lead a technical team.
- Strong experience with multithreaded and highly scalable server side development.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of people.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent designing, programming, code debugging, testing and troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment, prioritize multiple tasks, and problem solve under pressure of deadlines and resource constraints.
Meet Some of Core Digital Media's Employees
Using a variety of online and mobile media engagement tools, Luz implements customer conversion tactics to drive awareness to client brands—supporting business goals and building revenue.
Back to top