People Business Partner
- Los Angeles, CA
Who We Are:
Core Digital Media is focused on empowering people to improve their lives financially. For the last 20+ years, our websites LowerMyBills, WalletJoy and PolicyPilot has been focused on helping people navigate the world of finances, providing them with savings and money-making opportunities through our relationships with service providers across mortgage, credit cards, loans, insurance, banking, home services and personal finance.
We are an organization powered by people who come to win, and the Culture and People team are here to power those people. The team is evolving to meet the needs of the business, and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for a People Business Partner to be the liaison to our Tech and Data teams and lead our team’s initiatives with them.
- Partner with leaders to create a talent strategy that enables the business to achieve its OKRs.
- Collaborate internally with the Culture and People Team on departmental OKRs.
- Participate in the development and implementation of departmental career development, performance and talent management, leadership development, compensation, team member engagement, communications, training and development, succession planning/workforce planning, and G&A cost analysis.
- Provide clear, effective, timely and constructive feedback and/or coaching on all aspects of individual and team actions, behaviors, and interactions including but not limited to interviewing techniques, effective labor relations, team member communications, new hire orientation, training programs, etc.
- Partner with leadership and Recruiting to scope new requisitions as needed.
- Manage & coach the resolution of complex team member relations issues including resuscitating talent, disciplinary action, investigations, etc. while mitigating risks to the company and championing a positive team member experience.
- Maintain in depth knowledge of employment law, interpreting and creating policy & processes in line with company culture; provide coaching on policy execution and interpretation to team members and leaders.
- Identify key priorities and processes necessary to advance both long-term Culture and People Team & business initiatives and day-to-day Culture and People team matters.
- Utilize data (including survey data, exit data, market data etc.) to provide recommendations for improvement, growth, and mastery.
- Develop change management strategies and plans to assist leadership and organizational change.
- 5+ years of HR experience as a Generalist or HR Business Partner role.
- Strong business acumen; ability to influence to address HR needs while helping leaders generate business wins
- A history of successes in launching business-facing Culture and People initiatives.
- A “startup” mentality, ability to prioritize, with a flexible work style to quickly adapt to changing business needs while still positively working towards your stated goals.
- Curious mindset, critical thinking skills, with a strong attention to detail.
- A solid understanding of employment law and ability to mitigate risk while developing internal policies and procedures.
- HCRI or SHRM certification is a plus.
Core Digital Media an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Core Digital Media is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. CDM provides employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Back to top