Director of Software Architecture
- Set technical/architectural direction and evaluate emerging technologies to meet long and short-term business objectives.
- Work with technology peers to define and implement technology roadmap.
- Create prototypes and mentor engineers/technology team members for newer implementations/concepts.
- Responsible for architectural review of all application development.
- Responsible for planning, architecting, designing and implementing technology projects and product features.
- Propose and implement new projects or recommend system improvements.
- Conduct research, develop/assist with proof-of-concepts and provide recommendations for vendor/product selection.
- Help with troubleshooting and debugging application issues.
- Coach and mentor individuals in architecture team to build a strong cross-functional team with well-defined measurable goals.
- Manage schedules and work queues for architecture team.
- Responsible for performance management of the architecture team.
- Provide effort estimations and project implementation strategies, track progress and deadlines of projects in architecture team queue.
- Conduct technology workshops/sessions/presentations for introducing new concepts and bring awareness in the team.
- Strong experience in Java, JEE, design patterns.
- Strong experience in Spring and Hibernate.
- Strong experience in design and implementing architectural styles such as REST, Micro services, Event driven.
- Experience with application servers (Tomcat/JBoss) and web servers (Apache/Nginx).
- Hands on experience in relational (preferably Oracle) and NoSQL databases (preferably MongoDB).
- Experience in managing technical team.
- Strong experience with testing frameworks (Cucumber, Mockito, JUnit etc.) and TDD/Agile development methodologies.
- Experience with cloud based application development/deployment.
- Experience with clustered and distributed system architecture and design.
- Experience with containerized environment is a plus.
- Exposure to a variety of production monitoring tools – commercial and open-source.
- BS/MS/PhD in CS or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of experience in Java based data driven web application development
- Ability to comprehend detailed project specifications as well as the ability to adapt to various technologies and frameworks.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and manage a technical team.
- Strong experience with multithreaded and highly scalable server side development.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of people.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent designing, programming, code debugging, testing and troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment, prioritize multiple tasks, and problem solve under pressure of deadlines and resource constraints.
Meet Some of Core Digital Media's Employees
Using a variety of online and mobile media engagement tools, Luz implements customer conversion tactics to drive awareness to client brands—supporting business goals and building revenue.
Back to top