Business Analyst - Optimization
Core Digital Media (CDM) is a recognized leader in online marketing. We leverage our expertise in data analysis to drive decisions across Marketing, Product Development, Sales, etc. Core Digital Media acquired over 100 million valued customers for a variety of clients through http://LowerMyBills.comand http://ClassesUSA.com.
Core Digital Media seeks an Analyst to join our Optimization Analytics Team. This position will focus on managing and optimizing opportunities within our diverse portfolio of marketing sources – including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Search, Display and Programmatic channels. As well as work on the product and client side to fine tune sending the best marketing traffic to the right clients to maximize profit and quality for clients.
The Business Analyst of Optimization will advance our optimization mechanics through application of automation and analytical approaches where applicable, while maintaining focus on daily business trends. Specific tasks in support of this objective include monitoring and identifying opportunities for improving performance on each of our major marketing channels; understanding EDW data models and processes; analyzing quality metrics and consumer data to understand our ideal consumer and targeting practices; performing a wide range of formal and ad-hoc analytics; and identifying, presenting and implementing ideas for optimization approaches and automation. The role is cross-functional and requires good business acumen, solid communication and teamwork skills, efficiency, proactive orientation, strategic outlook and comfort coordinating work across teams and being held accountable for performance.
- Perform analyses to generate actionable insights and recommendations for the marketing teams to adjust campaigns and volume levels, targeting practices, and optimize toward a higher quality consumer.
- Access data contained within EDW in the most efficient ways, including compiling and processing large amounts of data (Microstrategy, Excel, SQL, R, Tableau)
- Utilize data science modeling techniques to run decision trees, linear or classification models (SQL, R, SAS, Python or other).
- Introduce optimization approaches and automation where applicable within product and sales teams. Also test campaigns and find the most efficient ways to monetize traffic, give insight and clarity into client metrics, monitor reject rates, give actionable recommendations and drive actions.
- Strong team player and communicator - able to remain productive and focused in a team-oriented, fast-paced, highly-matrixed environment
- General business understanding and experience with portfolio allocation / optimization techniques
- Natural curiosity and creative approach to problem-solving
- Strong analytical and data visualization skills
- Degree(s) in Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Economics and/or similar analytical fields
- 2 years’experience in online marketing, web analytics and customer segmentation is desirable
- Familiarity with Microstrategy (or similar) as a reporting tool is desirable
- Strong excel skills a must, Tableau preferable, and one of the following: SQL/R/SAS/Python or another similar tool preferable.
Back to top