Vice President, Operations
COPE Health Solutions is a health care consulting firm that provides our health system clients with the tools, services and advice they need to be leaders in the industry. Focusing on all aspects of strategy, population health management, integrated delivery network design and implementation, CMS demonstrations, and health care talent development, we help drive our clients’ success every step of the way.
The Vice President, Operations will work closely with the CEO, Executive Vice President, Consulting Services; and other COPE Health Solutions team members as appropriate to develop and execute the goals, objectives, and strategic plan for COPE Health Solutions. The VP, Operations will specifically focus on and be responsible for the following areas:
- Support the development of a robust organizational structure that ensures success in accomplishing yearly goals.
- Ensure that the assigned team, as individuals and as a division, consistently meet or exceed all contractual obligations, productivity goals, and quality indicators, per company’s dashboard
- Achieve and maintain high levels of client satisfaction with all contract and related work based on contract commitments, annual surveys and ongoing feedback
- Responsibility for internal company processes and projects as assigned
- Supervise assigned Directors and team members to develop and manage a high performance and high satisfaction team culture
- Work closely with assigned Regional Managers to develop the operational processes, procedures, and workflows to support strategic directions
- Provide leadership for problem resolution to facilitate faster improvements and improved working relationships
- Support Executive team on overall profitability of all assigned contracts and budgetary management
- Ensure that operational priorities are aligned with overall company direction and that the company in turn provides proper support for the operations team
- Represent the company at various client, public relations, business development, advocacy and fundraising events
- Ensure compliance of all related activities with hospital, local, state, and federal regulations
- Ensure that all assigned team members, at every level, have the opportunity to routinely communicate with leadership about issues and concerns and that they see quick responsiveness and resolution to identified concerns
- Support company open-door policy and encourage team to communicate with their peers and with management
- Attend, engage in and ensure that all team members attend all company-wide events, including the Holiday Party, Company Picnic, retreats, COPE University, All-Hands and other meetings/activities important for team growth and cohesion
- Engage in, teach as appropriate and assist with the development of new professional development programs
- Work closely with each direct report to develop a written professional development plan that is reviewed and updated regularly and provides a clear pathway to advancement
- Conduct regular performance evaluations and provide feedback and coaching throughout the year so that evaluation outcomes are not surprises
Adding Value to Clients
- Ensure that all team members are well-versed in both the contractual obligations to their client and any added value to maintain contracts, increase contract rates, and/or cross-sell additional services
- Develop and maintain a regular meeting schedule with all clients, ensuring that the Executive VP and on-site managers are included, at least annually
Development of New Business Lines and Assuring Market Leadership
- Engage in and initiate regular, ongoing strategic planning and business development meetings and activities with EVP, COO, other company VPs and team members, participating in business development retreats, etc.
- Assist in development and execution of strategy for expansion of services that ensures both rapid growth and a robust ongoing value proposition and level of customer service for clients
- Train team members to engage in and succeed with business development activities and ensure that incentives are aligned such that team members are motivated to consistently add value to current clients, cross-sell new services to current clients and attract new clients
- Identify, budget for, engage in and ensure team members engage in marketing and business development activities such as conferences, events, and networking opportunities that provide exposure to potential clients
Overall Company Growth and Health
- Support and provide feedback to CEO, executives and managers throughout company in order to maximize overall success of the company
- Ensure a complete and robust policy and procedures manual is in place, along with team training that ensures use of and adherence to the manual, and provide technical assistance to other parts of the company in completing the same
- Master’s degree required
- 10-15 years’ senior management experience in a professional services firm setting a
- Exceptional leadership and management skills
- Ability to both inspire a team and to oversee and ensure consistently high quality execution for ongoing operations
- Preferred background in hospital operations and health care workforce development
- Preferred background overseeing multiple accounts and teams across multiple geographic areas
- Strong customer drive and dedication to quality and success
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Excellent external and internal customer service skills
- Detail-oriented and able to work well independently
- Able to work collaboratively and effectively while handling multiple projects on various timelines in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Flexible with work hours, able to travel, and able to work on evenings and weekends as needs dictate
- Strong acumen for the health care industry, analytical thinking skills and a strong and dedicated work ethic
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project Management)
At COPE Health Solutions, our team members are the driving force behind the organization’s success and we demonstrate our commitment to them by offering competitive compensation and industry leading benefits. We value our team members' broad range of academic and professional backgrounds and the different perspectives they offer the organization. We invest in education, both formally within the company and through reimbursement for outside coursework, and encourage personal and professional growth.
Our rich benefits plan is designed to support your overall wellbeing, both in and outside of work. Some of our teams’ favorite benefits include unlimited paid vacation, a yearly stipend for child or household care, a monthly gym stipend and bonus and our yearly company retreat. To learn more about our benefits, please visit https://copehealthsolutions.com/careers/benefits/.
To apply for this position or for more information about COPE Health Solutions, visit us at https://copehealthsolutions.com/careers/open-positions/.
Back to top