Vice President, Health Care Consulting
COPE Health Solutions provides our clients with the tools, services and advice they need to be leaders in the health care industry. Focusing on all aspects of strategy, population health management, CMS demonstrations, Medicaid redesign, and workforce development, we transform health systems from fragmented fee-for-service to coordinated, financially sustainable population health management systems.
The Vice President, Health Care Consulting will work closely with the CEO; Executive Vice President, Health Care Consulting; and other COPE Health Solutions' team members, as appropriate, to lead the development of consulting and business development opportunities, management of engagements (with a focus on leading clients through the process of enhancing clinical integration), establishing population health and restructuring financial alignment toward the accomplishment of the triple aim. The VP, Health Care Consulting will specifically focus on and be responsible for the following areas:
• Actively support consulting business development including development of targeted sales strategies and market research for penetration within California, the Southwestern and the Northeastern U.S.
• Develop value-add consulting services and products for hospitals, health plans and mid- to large-size physician organizations
• Support the Executive VP, Health Care Consulting in developing, implementing and maintaining consulting engagement standards and training for the consulting division, including provision of technical quality assurance for engagement deliverables
• Cross-sell consulting services in tandem with the Health Care Talent Innovations team for their client base
The VP, Health Care Consulting must be willing to travel up to 80% and support our business in New York, California, Texas and other assigned locations. They must be able to effectively manage business development, major engagements, projects and team members while maintaining excellent client rapport.
• Manage all assigned aspects of consulting engagements and other assigned contracts and projects from scope definition to delivery, assuming ultimate responsibility for contract deliverables, project resourcing and budget management
• Development of proposals for business development in collaboration with organization leadership and team members
• Build and manage relationships with key executives and staff at client sites to ensure the success of the engagement(s), including maintenance of engagement through communication and project management/coordination with assigned clients and stakeholders
• Drive the development of a market research and sales strategy for health plans, healthy systems and major medical groups in the Western U.S.
• Support the development and maintenance of the Health Care Consulting team of consultants, senior consultants, business analysts, senior advisors and others as appropriate, ensuring that there is ongoing recruitment and retention of team members with the right competencies and expectations, and that profitable annual growth can be maintained
• Provide support to all company team members in areas including general business/product development; market research; process improvement/performance excellence and provision of consulting services to clients
• Develop, update and disseminate knowledge documents related to areas of expertise, such as organizational excellence, revenue cycle, strategic planning and clinical integration
• Develop peer-reviewed articles, sales materials, case studies, internal curricula and trainings
• Represent the company, and client(s) as appropriate, at various professional networking, public relations, business development and fundraising events
• Provide excellence in internal and external customer service
• Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations and ethical standards, as well as COPE Health Solutions employee expectations
• Serve as a mentor to team members throughout the company
• Carry out other duties, tasks and projects as assigned
• Develop and maintain high levels of client satisfaction
• Ensure that the client understands and can articulate the value of our service(s)
• Meet or exceed all contractual obligations
• Meet or exceed all productivity goals and quality indicators
• Develop new ideas and take a leadership role, as well as supporting other team members, on innovations that lead to new business, enhanced productivity and/or increased profit
• Lead and support the design and development of strategic initiatives and business development opportunities to cross sell current contracts, engage new business leads and strategic partners
• Ensure that the organizational strategic plan is informed by current and projected health care delivery and overall market trends
• Build relationships with strategic partners for business, funding, advocacy, research and teaching opportunities
• Develop a viable succession plan and review both the plan and review progress of team members being developed quarterly with the Executive VP, Health Care Consulting
• 10-15 years of consulting experience with the majority spent in a management or subject matter expert role
• Advanced degree in an applicable field (MBA, MPH, MHA) required
• Must be able to work collaboratively and effectively while handling multiple projects on various timelines in an extremely fast-paced environment
• Travel is an essential component of this position, up to 80%
• A strong understanding of the health care industry, analytical thinking skills and a strong and dedicated work ethic are required
• Strong customer drive and dedication to quality and success
• Detail-oriented and able to work well independently
• Superior creative problem-solving, analytical and quantitative skills
• Ability to visualize, identify and pursue opportunities to partner with external institutions
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with an ability to share and synthesize knowledge
• Ability to provide timely and effective feedback to project staff and team members
• Develop external relationships and networks to support business development and professional growth
• Able to work collaboratively and effectively while handling multiple projects on various timelines in an extremely fast-paced environment
• Flexible with work hours, able to travel, and be able to work evenings and weekends frequently
• Expertise in relevant areas that include health care financing, strategic planning, clinical integration, population health, policy, change management, performance excellence/process improvement (to include, but not limited to Lean/Six Sigma)
• High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project Management)
• Experience in project management or training in project/program management methodology (PMBOK), PMP certification preferred
At COPE Health Solutions, our team members are the driving force behind the organization’s success and we demonstrate our commitment to them by offering competitive compensation and industry leading benefits. We value our team members' broad range of academic and professional backgrounds and the different perspectives they offer the organization. We invest in education, both formally within the company and through reimbursement for outside coursework, and encourage personal and professional growth.
Our rich benefits plan is designed to support your overall wellbeing, both in and outside of work. Some of our teams’ favorite benefits include unlimited paid vacation, a yearly stipend for child or household care, a monthly gym stipend and bonus and our yearly company retreat. To learn more about our benefits, please visit https://copehealthsolutions.com/careers/benefits/.
To apply for this position or for more information about COPE Health Solutions, visit us at https://copehealthsolutions.com/careers/open-positions/.
Meet Some of COPE Health Solutions's Employees
As a regional manager for the Health Scholar program, Brytani focuses on developing talented, motivated program participants into future health care leaders.
Back to top