Summer Intern, Health Care Consulting
COPE Health Solutions provides our clients with the tools, services and advice they need to be leaders in the health care industry. Focusing on all aspects of strategy, population health management, CMS demonstrations, Medicaid redesign, and workforce development, we transform health systems from fragmented fee-for-service to coordinated, financially sustainable population health management systems.
The Summer Consulting Internship is a comprehensive program designed to leverage your academic learning with applied skills in the areas of clinical program design, care coordination, population health, health information technology and Medicaid or other federal demonstration programs. In this three-month intensive internship, we provide you with the tools and resources you need to gain meaningful business skills in health care consulting and to create professional networks.
Summer Consulting Interns will break out into small teams to complete a “Case Study Challenge” together. You will be presented with the project in the beginning of the internship and will present your project when the internship comes to a close in August. A team prize will be awarded for first place.
The application deadline for this position is March 17, 2017.
- Support of client engagements and development of project proposal(s) with internal or external clients e.g. strategic planning, decision support & analytics, patient access redesign, health care access assessment or project management
- Operational data analysis, geo-spatial mapping and reporting
- Development of industry standard assessment tools and templates to support internal or external client engagements
- Produce business development material that requires competencies with analysis tools such as market analysis, SWOTs, etc.
- Conduct health policy research, legislative tracking, monitoring and reporting
- Meet with the assigned supervising team member, appropriate management and/or executive members to gain clear understanding of the projects, their goals and expected outcomes as well as maintain a timeline for the assigned projects
- Engage team members to leverage current knowledge and expertise to drive continuous quality improvement of products and services
- B.A. or B.S. degree required
- The ideal candidate is pursuing a Master’s degree in the areas of Public Health, Heath Care Administration, Health Management and Policy or Business Administration
- Strong customer drive and dedication to quality and success
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Able to work collaboratively and effectively while handling multiple projects on various timelines in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Strong acumen for the health care industry, analytical thinking skills and a strong and dedicated work ethic are required
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project Management)
To apply for this position or for more information about COPE Health Solutions, visit us at https://copehealthsolutions.com/careers/open-positions/.
Meet Some of COPE Health Solutions's Employees
As a regional manager for the Health Scholar program, Brytani focuses on developing talented, motivated program participants into future health care leaders.
Back to top