Strategic Health Care Consultant - Epic Healthy Planet
COPE Health Solutions is a health care consulting firm that provides our health system clients with the tools, services and advice they need to be leaders in the industry. Focusing on all aspects of strategy, population health management, integrated delivery network design and implementation, CMS demonstrations, and health care talent development, we help drive our clients’ success every step of the way.
The Strategic Health Care Consultant is responsible for leading complex external Epic Healthy Planet projects which will include working onsite with health care clients to manage population health projects. This will involve hands-on work with staff, providers, executives, vendors, and other stakeholders to successfully implement innovative care models and improve health outcomes. The Strategic Health Care Consultant must be able to operate independently with minimal oversight from executives, exercising sound business judgment and maintaining client and partner relationships while maintaining the integrity of the organization at all times.
• Work closely with the Consulting team, executives and staff to accomplish the goals, objectives and strategic plan for the company, continually seeking opportunities to add value and differentiate our services
• Manage available resources to ensure expectations are consistently met within the constraints of a given project or contract, including scope of work, timeline and budget
• Manage large scale projects
• Oversees staff and contractors working on client engagements as appropriate
• Manage the development of deliverables across projects to ensure final products meet or exceed industry standards and organizational expectations
• Implement engagement review and quality assurance procedures in accordance with our methodology to ensure profitable and successful execution of consulting engagements as measured by project goals, budget and client satisfaction
• Minimize our exposure to risk across multiple projects through diligent management of scope of work, budget and project resources.
• Manage all aspects of client engagements from scope definition to delivery with ultimate responsibility for project content and strategy
• Lead development of proposals and business development activities in current and new markets
• Contribute thought leadership and organizational knowledge to continually improve work products and enhance value
• Build and manage relationships with key executives and staff at the client site to ensure the success of the engagement
• Convene and manage work groups/meetings between client, COPE Health Solutions staff and subject matter experts when necessary and appropriate
• Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations and ethical standards, as well as COPE Health Solutions employee expectations
• May require 80% travel to locations in New York, California, and Texas
• Develop and maintain high levels of client satisfaction
• Meet or exceed all contractual obligations
• Meet or exceed all productivity goals and quality indicators
• Attend outside conferences and meetings on industry topics
• Attend professional networking and business development events
• Develop new ideas and take a leadership role, as well as supporting other team members, on innovations that lead to new business, enhanced productivity and/or increased profit
• Pro-actively respond to client needs in context of local market, policy landscape and industry environment
• Responsible for the identification, recruitment and development of staff, as part of ongoing succession planning and organizational growth
• B.A. or B.S. degree required
• Master’s Degree preferred in the areas of Public Health, Heath Care Administration, Health Management and Policy, and Business Administration
• 3+ years of Epic Healthy Planet experience
• Strong customer drive and dedication to quality and success
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
• Flexible with work hours, able to travel, and be able to work on evenings and weekends frequently
• Strong acumen for the health care industry, analytical thinking skills and a strong and dedicated work ethic are required
• Ability to work effectively on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
• Skills related to effective project management, including strong work ethic, attention to detail, time management, ability to prioritize, problem solving, adaptability, and willingness to learn
• Ability to understand CMS program funding and mechanics protocols
• Requires in-depth working knowledge of the Epic Healthy Planet module and market issues at the federal, state and local level
• Prior experience in at least two of the following areas strongly preferred:
o Population Health program design, implementation, and/or operations
o Health information technology
o Medicaid or other federal demonstration programs
o Performance improvement
• Formal Lean/Six Sigma training preferred
• Formal project management training preferred
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and Project Management)
At COPE Health Solutions, our team members are the driving force behind the organization’s success and we demonstrate our commitment to them by offering competitive compensation and industry leading benefits. We value our team members' broad range of academic and professional backgrounds and the different perspectives they offer the organization. We invest in education, both formally within the company and through reimbursement for outside coursework, and encourage personal and professional growth.
Our rich benefits plan is designed to support your overall wellbeing, both in and outside of work. Some of our teams’ favorite benefits include unlimited paid vacation, a yearly stipend for child or household care, a monthly gym stipend and bonus and our yearly company retreat. To learn more about our benefits, please visit https://copehealthsolutions.com/careers/benefits/.
To apply for this position or for more information about COPE Health Solutions, visit us at https://copehealthsolutions.com/careers/open-positions/.
Back to top