COPE Health Solutions provides our clients with the tools, services and advice they need to be leaders in the health care industry. Focusing on all aspects of strategy, population health management, CMS demonstrations, Medicaid redesign, and workforce development, we transform health systems from fragmented fee-for-service to coordinated, financially sustainable population health management systems.
This is a unique opportunity for a driven, detail-attentive, junior-level accountant to join a growing team where advancement is tied to achievement, not tenure. The Staff Accountant will own their own projects and work with the team to identify and address areas of improvement within our accounting function. The Staff Accountant will gain experience with a wide range of accounting and finance operations and take ownership of core operational areas, quickly master new concepts and processes, and handle confidential information with excellent judgment.
• Primary responsibilities include invoicing and accounts receivable management
• Support expense reporting needs for New York team
• Prepare monthly reconciliations of all bank and credit card accounts
• Prepare monthly reconciliation of other general ledger accounts as assigned
• Prepare monthly journal entries to be approval by Director of Finance and Controller
• Maintain paperless filing system for Finance department
• Assist in preparation of the annual financial audit
• Manage and reconcile PayPal inquiries, refunds, and cancellations
• Manage ClickTime timekeeping and Concur expense reporting system set up, approval process, and maintenance
• Manage the Finance Compliance Dashboard reporting process
• Enter and/or ensure proper entry of accounts payable, customer deposits, and other financial transactions
• Supervision and mentorship of finance intern(s)
• Create policies, procedures and workflows for regional accounting functions to improve operations, decrease turnaround times and streamline processes
• Provide coverage and general support for finance and administrative functions as assigned by the Director of Finance and Controller
• B.A. or B.S. degree required, preferred in the areas of mathematics, economics, accounting, business administration or finance
• Preference given to candidates pursuing finance or accounting related master’s degree, MBA or CPA certification
• 2-3 years of corporate accounting experience, public accounting experience preferred
• 2 years of professional services industry experience preferred
• 1 years of supervisory experience
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Professional, business-oriented communication style
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
• Detail-driven, able to prioritize workflow and manage projects independently
• Able to work collaboratively and effectively while handling multiple projects on various timelines in an extremely fast-paced environment
• Flexible with work hours and able to work on evenings and weekends as needed
• Strong analytical thinking skills and a dedicated work ethic
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project Management)
• Proficiency with QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions or similar programs
• Account analysis and reconciliation, including bank statements
• General ledger review, preparation of journal entries
At COPE Health Solutions, our team members are the driving force behind the organization’s success and we demonstrate our commitment to them by offering competitive compensation and industry leading benefits. We value our team members' broad range of academic and professional backgrounds and the different perspectives they offer the organization. We invest in education, both formally within the company and through reimbursement for outside coursework, and encourage personal and professional growth.
Our rich benefits plan is designed to support your overall wellbeing, both in and outside of work. Some of our teams’ favorite benefits include unlimited paid vacation, a yearly stipend for child or household care, a monthly gym stipend and bonus and our yearly company retreat. To learn more about our benefits, please visit https://copehealthsolutions.com/careers/benefits/.
To apply for this position or for more information about COPE Health Solutions, visit us at https://copehealthsolutions.com/careers/open-positions/.
Meet Some of COPE Health Solutions's Employees
As a regional manager for the Health Scholar program, Brytani focuses on developing talented, motivated program participants into future health care leaders.
Back to top