COPE Health Solutions is a health care consulting firm that provides our health system clients with the tools, services and advice they need to be leaders in the industry. Focusing on all aspects of strategy, population health management, integrated delivery network design and implementation, CMS demonstrations, and health care talent development, we help drive our clients’ success every step of the way.
At COPE Health Solutions, our team members are key to the organization’s success. We value our team members' broad range of academic and professional backgrounds and the different perspectives they offer the organization. We invest in education, both formally within the company and through reimbursement for outside coursework, and encourage personal and professional growth.
Are you stuck in a dead-end accounting job, eager to learn and accomplish more? Are you detail oriented, hard-working and inquisitive? We’re looking for a driven, detail-attentive junior-level accountant to join our team as a Staff Accountant located in our New York office. This is a unique opportunity for the right individual to join a growing team where advancement is tied to achievement, not tenure. You will own your own projects and work with the team to identify and address areas of improvement within our accounting function. The Staff Accountant will gain experience with a wide range of accounting and finance operations and take ownership of core operational areas, quickly master new concepts and processes, and handle confidential information with excellent judgment. Duties will include primary responsibility for invoicing and accounts receivable management, supervision of New York based finance intern(s), provide oversight over expense reporting needs for NY based Consultants, reconciling selected G/L accounts, and providing coverage and general support for finance and administrative functions as assigned by the Director of Finance and the Controller.
- Supervision and mentorship of New York based Finance Intern(s)
- Primary responsibility for invoicing and accounts receivable management
- Support expense reporting needs for New York Consulting team
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of all bank and credit card accounts
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of other general ledger accounts, as assigned
- Prepare monthly journal entries for approval by Director of Finance and Controller
- Maintain paperless filing system for Finance Department
- Assist in preparation of the annual financial audit
- Manage and reconcile PayPal inquiries, refunds, and cancellations
- Manage ClickTime timekeeping and Concur expense reporting system set up, approval process, and maintenance
- Manage the Finance Compliance Dashboard reporting process
- Enter and/or ensure proper entry of accounts payable, customer deposits, and other financial transactions
- Create policies, procedures and workflows for New York based accounting functions to improve operations, decrease turnaround times and streamline processes
- Bachelor’s Degree, preference given to degrees that include substantial course work in accounting and auditing
- 2-3 years of corporate finance and accounting experience, public accounting experience preferred
- 2 years of professional service industry experience preferred
- 1-2 years of supervisory experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Professional, business-oriented communication style
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Detail-driven, able to prioritize workflow and manage projects independently
- Able to work collaboratively and effectively while handling multiple projects on various timelines in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Flexible with work hours and able to work on evenings and weekends as needed
- Strong analytical thinking skills and a dedicated work ethic
- Advanced Excel skills, intermediate Word and PowerPoint skills
- Proficiency with QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions or similar programs
- Account analysis and reconciliation, including bank statements
- General ledger review, preparation of journal entries
We know that our team members drive our success and we demonstrate our commitment to them by offering competitive compensation and rewards. We want our team to thrive with us, so we provide a rich benefits plan to support their wellness and that of their families. Our team members especially appreciate benefits designed to allow time for what they love outside of work, such as unlimited paid vacation and a yearly stipend for child or household care.
To apply for this position or for more information about COPE Health Solutions, visit us at http://copehealthsolutions.org/careers/open-positions/.
Back to top