Program Manager, Greater Seattle Area
COPE Health Solutions is a health care consulting firm that provides our health system clients with the tools, services and advice they need to be leaders in the industry. Focusing on all aspects of strategy, population health management, integrated delivery network design and implementation, CMS demonstrations, and health care talent development, we help drive our clients’ success every step of the way.
At COPE Health Solutions, our team members are key to the organization’s success. We value our team members' broad range of academic and professional backgrounds and the different perspectives they offer the organization. We invest in education, both formally within the company and through reimbursement for outside coursework, and encourage personal and professional growth.
COPE Health Solutions’ Health Care Talent Innovations Division provides innovative health care talent recruitment, training and professional development services that link health care companies with tomorrow’s pipeline of diverse, competent and best-fit health professionals. The COPE Health Scholars program is part of COPE Health Solutions’ suite of health care educational programs and is closely coordinated with our firm’s comprehensive suite of health care consulting services.
For participants, Health Scholars provides pre-health students and careerists looking to make a transition to health care with a unique hands-on, experiential education course that COPE Health Solutions offers in partnership with the UCLA Fielding School of Public Health. Health Scholars are carefully selected, well-trained and then are placed in health care clinical and administrative areas within hospitals, ambulatory care centers and other health care companies, where they are integrated into the health care clinical or administrative team learning while doing. The Health Scholars course and related courses are a unique opportunity for students and those considering a career transitions to bridge the gap between academic training and real life.
For our health care company clients, Health Scholar and our related educational programs help to reduce new-hire and experienced staff turnover rates, improve overall staff and provider satisfaction, improve patient satisfaction and cultivate a qualified workforce pipeline that is reflective of the communities served.
The Health Care Talent Innovations (HCTI) division manages operationally complex and large on-site programs at our partner hospitals, health systems and other health care companies that require constant troubleshooting and improvement to ensure consistent high quality outcomes and safety for participants and patients. We are expecting growth of between 30 and 40% annually for the foreseeable future and we are seeking an Internal Operations Manager for HCTI in order to develop a solid operational model that will enable our team across the country to continue to achieve consistently high outcomes and exceed expectations for course participants and health care company clients.
The Program Manager in the greater Seattle area will support development of large student teams and lead management of these highly talented and motivated students, known as Health Scholars. These students support our clients in hospitals located currently in Southern California and Washington State, but subject to expansion. The Program Manager serves as a vital link between program participants, COPE Health Solutions staff and the client by assisting in building and maintaining the daily operations of the COPE Health Solutions’ service lines. The Program Manager is assisted in operational activities by large teams of student leaders, divided into departments reflecting the nature of their duties. The Program Manager will represent COPE Health Solutions to academic institutions, government agencies, health care providers and others as needed, and adheres to legal and organizational standards regarding confidentiality.
- Execute daily operations of the COPE Health Scholars Programs under the supervision of the Regional Manager. The following duties are in accordance with COPE Health Solutions’ and the partner client’s policies and procedures:
- Develop Policies and Procedures for the COPE Health Scholars Program
- Oversee the Recruitment and Training, Administration, Departmental Operations and Projects divisions of the COPE Health Scholars Leadership Team
- Schedule and lead trainings and bi-monthly Leadership Team and Executive Team meetings
- Recruit diverse, pre-health professions, candidates for the Program
- Work with the client’s Employee Health and Human Resources departments to ensure that all health records, background checks and drug screen results for every student are up to date and on file
- Communicate regularly with the student(s), client staff and administration, including the Regional Manager
- Supervise projects targeted to improving patient experience and workflow efficiency at the client site
- Achieve identified client contract metrics
- Promote employment opportunities at the client site and with COPE Health Solutions to program participants on a monthly basis
- Perform daily rounds through client units in which program participants serve
- Maintain an operational work plan as required by the Regional Manager
- Mentor program participants to develop a pool of potential candidates for HCTI positions
- Represent COPE Health Solutions to the client staff, executives and the participating students
- Report to the Regional Manager and/or client executives
- Maintain an open line of communication up and down the chain of command including bringing all questionable or “red flag” situations and matters to the Regional Manager
- Develop proficiency at operations of program
- Maintain high levels of client satisfaction, ensuring that the client understands and can articulate the value of our service(s)
- Meet or exceed all contractual obligations
- Meet or exceed all productivity goals and quality indicators
- Develop a succession plan and review monthly with supervisor
- Attend and engage in outside conferences and meetings on industry topics
- Engage with industry peers and leaders through professional networking events
- Develop new ideas and take a leadership role, as well as supporting other team members, on innovations that lead to new business, enhanced productivity and/or increased profit
- B.A. or B.S. Degree
- Strong customer drive and dedication to quality and success
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Detail-oriented and able to work well independently
- Able to work collaboratively and effectively while handling multiple projects on various timelines in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Flexible with work hours, able to travel, and be able to work on evenings and weekends as need arises.
- Strong acumen for the health care industry, analytical thinking skills and a strong and dedicated work ethic are required
- High level of proficiency of Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and Project Management)
We know that our team members drive our success and we demonstrate our commitment to them by offering competitive compensation and rewards. We want our team to thrive with us, so we provide a rich benefits plan to support their wellness and that of their families. Our team members especially appreciate benefits designed to allow time for what they love outside of work, such as unlimited paid vacation and a yearly stipend for child or household care.
To apply for this position or for more information about COPE Health Solutions, visit us at http://copehealthsolutions.org/careers/open-positions/.
Back to top