Manager, Learning and Development
COPE Health Solutions is a health care consulting firm that provides our health system clients with the tools, services and advice they need to be leaders in the industry. Focusing on all aspects of strategy, population health management, integrated delivery network design and implementation, CMS demonstrations, and health care talent development, we help drive our clients’ success every step of the way.
The Manager, Learning and Development will partner with the Executive and Operations teams to create a learning and development strategy that supports the company’s growth initiatives, succession planning and retention of key team members. This person will support COPE Health Solutions’ core value of investing in our most treasured resource; our team members. They will play a key role in developing and implementing the systems, resources and programs which support our team member’s development and engagement while delivering improved organizational performance.
The Manager, Learning and Development will have strong consultation and facilitation skills, is a strategic thinker and comfortable with rolling up their sleeves. They should have the ability to work autonomously while managing/driving/working on multiple priorities, and have strong business acumen while establishing credibility across the organization.
- Travel regularly to locations in Los Angeles, New York and other regions as needed
- Evaluate, implement and curate just-in-time (web-based) learning modules, learning management systems and tools that align with the growth needs and target competencies of the firm
- Work closely with Human Resources and Executive leadership to ensure strategy and tools are incorporated as part of a larger Human Resources Information System (HRIS) implementation
- Develop and drive the supervisor training process for all levels of the organization, including standards, curriculum, training events and ongoing support
- Introduce and monitor key metrics to determine effectiveness of the learning and development initiatives and continually improve
- Conduct needs assessments and diagnose organizational performance opportunities
- Design and manage comprehensive training programs including new hire on-boarding, and buddy/mentor system, as well as support the development of clear onboarding processes and toolkits at the account level to accelerate team member’s assimilation and contribution/success
- Work with team members and leaders to further enhance and drive adoption of competency models that are based on both industry best practice and the specific value-add goals and brand promise of COPE Health Solutions
- Design and implement a Leadership Development Program that results in high team member engagement, improved effectiveness and the next generation of Leaders
- Work with executive leadership and service line owners to define appropriate competencies and skill sets necessary for team members to grow and perform across the firm and on specific accounts
- Develop and implement Career Ladders and related tools and resources to ensure our team members are engaged and grow with us
- Effectively manage and leverage internal and/or external resources/vendor management
- Create and implement learning curriculums, delivery platforms and libraries to support employee development
- Research and stay educated on industry trends to effectively benchmark against
- Must be comfortable working as an individual contributor with the ability to indirectly lead others
- Must have the ability to work in a dynamic growth oriented environment with rapidly changing directives and shifting priorities
- Must be able to understand and clearly articulate the firm’s growth and value-add vision, see the possibilities, and be pragmatic, action oriented and well organized in approach
- Demonstrated knowledge of professional development, learning styles and different methods to best deliver learning
- Must be process oriented, results driven and deliver upon commitments.
- Highly customer centric
- Proactively develops relationships with team members, identifying team member needs and proposing individual initiatives in conjunction with leadership team
- Must be willing to travel on a regular basis – expected to have a presence regularly in our Los Angeles, New York and regional offices
- Master’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development or related field
- 5-7 years’ leadership/management experience in a similar role in a large professional services firm or fortune 500 organization
- Hands on experience developing, creating and/or transforming a Learning and Development function
- Evidenced ability to learn the business and translate that understanding of services, expertise, clients, client needs and overall market demand and opportunities into a process of proactively assessing company knowledge and effectiveness gaps
- Evidenced ability to translate core company services, expertise and assessed company knowledge and effectiveness gaps into educational modules and trainings that effectively prepare new team members at all levels, as well as to support the growth of existing team members
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and Project Management)
At COPE Health Solutions, our team members are the driving force behind the organization’s success and we demonstrate our commitment to them by offering competitive compensation and industry leading benefits. We value our team members' broad range of academic and professional backgrounds and the different perspectives they offer the organization. We invest in education, both formally within the company and through reimbursement for outside coursework, and encourage personal and professional growth.
Our rich benefits plan is designed to support your overall wellbeing, both in and outside of work. Some of our teams’ favorite benefits include unlimited paid vacation, a yearly stipend for child or household care, a monthly gym stipend and bonus and our yearly company retreat. To learn more about our benefits, please visit https://copehealthsolutions.com/careers/benefits/.
To apply for this position or for more information about COPE Health Solutions, visit us at https://copehealthsolutions.com/careers/open-positions/.
Back to top