Manager, Health Care Consulting
COPE Health Solutions provides our clients with the tools, services and advice they need to be leaders in the health care industry. Focusing on all aspects of strategy, population health management, CMS demonstrations, Medicaid redesign, and workforce development, we transform health systems from fragmented fee-for-service to coordinated, financially sustainable population health management systems.
The Manager, Health Care Consulting will work closely with the CEO and Executive Vice President, Health Care Consulting to lead the management of engagements and development of consulting and business development opportunities. The Manager, Health Care Consulting must be willing to travel up to 80%, and must be able to effectively manage major engagements, business development projects and team members while maintaining excellent client rapport.
• Travel is an essential component of this position and must be able to support business in New York, California, Texas and other assigned locations
• Actively manage consulting business projects including development of targeted sales strategies within strategic accounts
• Manage all assigned aspects of consulting engagements and other assigned contracts and projects from scope definition to delivery, assuming ultimate responsibility for contract deliverables, project resourcing and budget management
• Development of proposals for business development in collaboration with organization leadership and team members
• Build and manage relationships with key executives and staff at client sites to ensure the success of the engagement(s), including maintenance of engagement through communication and project management/coordination with assigned clients and stakeholders
• Drive the development of a market research and sales strategy for health plans, health systems and major medical groups in the Western U.S., NY and TX
• Support the development and maintenance of the Health Care Consulting team of consultants, senior consultants, business analysts, senior advisors and others as appropriate, ensuring that there is ongoing recruitment and retention of team members with the right competencies and expectations, and that profitable annual growth can be maintained
• Provide support to all company team members in areas including general business/product development; market research; process improvement/performance excellence and provision of consulting services to clients
• Develop, update and disseminate knowledge documents related to areas of expertise, such as organizational excellence, revenue cycle, strategic planning and clinical integration
• Represent the company, and client(s) as appropriate, at various professional networking, public relations, business development and fundraising events
• Provide excellence in internal and external customer service
• Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations and ethical standards, as well as COPE Health Solutions employee expectations
• Develop and maintain high levels of client satisfaction
• Ensure that the client understands and can articulate the value of our service(s)
• Meet or exceed all contractual obligations
• Meet or exceed all productivity goals and quality indicators
• Develop new ideas and take a leadership role, as well as supporting other team members, on innovations that lead to new business, enhanced productivity and/or increased profit
• Lead and support the design and development of strategic initiatives and business development opportunities to cross sell current contracts, engage new business leads and strategic partners
• Ensure that the organizational strategic plan is informed by current and projected health care delivery and overall market trends
• Build relationships with strategic partners for business, funding, advocacy, and research and teaching opportunities
• Develop a viable succession plan and review both the plan and review progress of team members being developed quarterly with the Executive VP, Health Care Consulting
• 5-10 years of consulting experience with a track record of career progression
• Advanced degree in an applicable field (MBA, MPH, MHA) required
• A strong understanding of the health care industry, analytical thinking skills and a strong and dedicated work ethic are required
• Strong customer drive and dedication to quality and success
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with an ability to share and synthesize knowledge
• Detail-oriented and able to work well independently
• Superior creative problem-solving, analytical and quantitative skills
• Ability to visualize, identify and pursue opportunities to partner with external institutions
• Ability to provide timely and effective feedback to project staff and team members
• Develop external relationships and networks to support business development and professional growth
• Able to work collaboratively and effectively while handling multiple projects on various timelines in an extremely fast-paced environment
• Flexible with work hours, able to travel, and ability to work evenings and weekends frequently
• Expertise in relevant areas that include health care financing, strategic planning, clinical integration, population health, policy, change management, performance excellence/process improvement (to include, but not limited to Lean/Six Sigma)
• High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel PowerPoint and Project Management)
At COPE Health Solutions, our team members are the driving force behind the organization’s success and we demonstrate our commitment to them by offering competitive compensation and industry leading benefits. We value our team members' broad range of academic and professional backgrounds and the different perspectives they offer the organization. We invest in education, both formally within the company and through reimbursement for outside coursework, and encourage personal and professional growth.
Our rich benefits plan is designed to support your overall wellbeing, both in and outside of work. Some of our teams’ favorite benefits include unlimited paid vacation, a yearly stipend for child or household care, a monthly gym stipend and bonus and our yearly company retreat. To learn more about our benefits, please visit https://copehealthsolutions.com/careers/benefits/.
To apply for this position or for more information about COPE Health Solutions, visit us at https://copehealthsolutions.com/careers/open-positions/.
Meet Some of COPE Health Solutions's Employees
As a regional manager for the Health Scholar program, Brytani focuses on developing talented, motivated program participants into future health care leaders.
Back to top