Manager, Health Care Consulting
COPE Health Solutions is a health care consulting firm that provides our health system clients with the tools, services and advice they need to be leaders in the industry. Focusing on all aspects of strategy, population health management, integrated delivery network design and implementation, CMS demonstrations, and health care talent development, we help drive our clients’ success every step of the way.
At COPE Health Solutions, our team members are key to the organization’s success. We value our team members' broad range of academic and professional backgrounds and the different perspectives they offer the organization. We invest in education, both formally within the company and through reimbursement for outside coursework, and encourage personal and professional growth.
The Manager, Health Care Consulting will work closely with the CEO and Executive Vice President, Consulting to lead the management of engagements and development of consulting and business development opportunities.
The Manager, Health Care Consulting will ideally be based full-time at the Los Angeles corporate office but could base operations anywhere in the United States. The Manager, Health Care Consulting must be willing to travel up to 80%, and must be able to effectively manage major engagements, business development projects and team members while maintaining excellent client rapport.
- Travel is an essential component of this position, up to 80%
- Actively manage consulting business projects including development of targeted sales strategies within strategic accounts
- Manage all assigned aspects of consulting engagements and other assigned contracts and projects from scope definition to delivery, assuming ultimate responsibility for contract deliverables, project resourcing and budget management
- Development of proposals for business development in collaboration with organization leadership and team members
- Build and manage relationships with key executives and staff at client sites to ensure the success of the engagement(s), including maintenance of engagement through communication and project management/coordination with assigned clients and stakeholders
- Drive the development of a market research and sales strategy for health plans, health systems and major medical groups in the Western U.S., NY and TX
- Support the development and maintenance of the Consulting team of consultants, senior consultants, data analyst(s), senior advisors and others as appropriate, ensuring that there is ongoing recruitment and retention of team members with the right competencies and expectations to ensure that capacity for projected growth in volume and complexity of projects and contracts is developed such that strong, profitable annual growth can be maintained
- Provide support to all company team members in areas including general business/product development; market research; process improvement/performance excellence and provision of consulting services to clients
- Develop, update and disseminate knowledge documents related to areas of expertise, such as organizational excellence, revenue cycle, strategic planning and clinical integration
- Represent the company, and client(s) as appropriate, at various professional networking, public relations, business development and fundraising events
- Provide excellence in internal and external customer service
- Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations and ethical standards, as well as COPE Health Solutions employee expectations
- Serve as a mentor to team members throughout the company
- All other reasonably related duties as assigned
- Develop and maintain high levels of client satisfaction
- Ensure that the client understands and can articulate the value of our service(s)
- Meet or exceed all contractual obligations
- Meet or exceed all productivity goals and quality indicators
- Develop new ideas and take a leadership role, as well as supporting other team members, on innovations that lead to new business, enhanced productivity and/or increased profit
- Lead and support the design and development of strategic initiatives and business development opportunities to cross sell current contracts, engage new business leads and strategic partners
- Ensure that the organizational strategic plan is informed by current and projected health care delivery and overall market trends
- Build relationships with strategic partners for business, funding, advocacy, and research and teaching opportunities
- Identify, recruit, hire, and train staff, paid and unpaid interns and support as appropriate
- Develop a viable succession plan and review both the plan and review progress of team members being developed quarterly with the Executive VP, Consulting Services
- Must have a Master’s degree (MBA, MPH, MHA or similar degree), and at least 10+ years of work experience in policy implementation (consulting) and/or related operations in a health care setting
- A strong understanding of the health care industry, analytical thinking skills and a strong and dedicated work ethic are required
- Strong customer drive and dedication to quality and success
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Detail-oriented and able to work well independently
- Superior creative problem-solving, analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to visualize, identify and pursue opportunities to partner with external institutions
- Effective oral and written communication skills with an ability to share and synthesize knowledge
- Ability to provide timely and effective feedback to project staff and team members
- Possess a professional, business-oriented communication style
- Develop external relationships and networks to support business development and professional growth
- Able to work collaboratively and effectively while handling multiple projects on various timelines in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Flexible with work hours, able to travel, and be able to work on evenings and weekends frequently
- Strong acumen for the health care industry, analytical thinking skills and a strong and dedicated work ethic are required
- Expertise in 2-3 areas such as health care financing, strategic planning, clinical integration, population health, policy, change management, performance excellence/process improvement (to include, but not limited to Lean/Six Sigma)
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and Project Management)
We know that our team members drive our success and we demonstrate our commitment to them by offering competitive compensation and rewards. We want our team to thrive with us, so we provide a rich benefits plan to support their wellness and that of their families. Our team members especially appreciate benefits designed to allow time for what they love outside of work, such as unlimited paid vacation and a yearly stipend for child or household care.
To apply for this position or for more information about COPE Health Solutions, visit us at http://copehealthsolutions.org/careers/open-positions/.
Back to top