Intern, Health Care Consulting
COPE Health Solutions provides our clients with the tools, services and advice they need to be leaders in the health care industry. Focusing on all aspects of strategy, population health management, CMS demonstrations, Medicaid redesign, and workforce development, we transform health systems from fragmented fee-for-service to coordinated, financially sustainable population health management systems.
The Intern, Consulting role is a hands on collaborative program designed with each student's interests, background and experience in mind. We'll identify projects that meet the student's expectations and goals, while they provide a tangible contribution to COPE Health Solutions' client work. The position is designed to leverage academic learning with applied skills in the areas of clinical program design, care coordination, population health, health information technology, and Medicaid or other federal demonstration programs. Interns will have the opportunity to incorporate work experience into their practicum, while developing additional technical and professional skill sets.
• Administrative support of client engagements and development of project proposal(s) with internal or external clients e.g. strategic planning, decision support & analytics, patient access redesign, health care access assessment or project management
• Operational data analysis, geo-spatial mapping and reporting
• Development of industry standard assessment tools and templates to support internal or external client engagements
• Conduct industry research and write white paper(s)
• Develop, update and disseminate knowledge documents, such as sales materials, proposals, project frameworks and project deliverables
• Produce business development material that requires competencies with analysis tools such as market analysis, SWOTs, etc.
• Conduct health policy research, legislative tracking, monitoring and reporting
• Meet with the assigned supervising team member, appropriate management and/or executive members to gain clear understanding of the projects, their goals and expected outcomes as well as maintain a timeline for the assigned projects
• Report weekly to the assigned supervising team member
• Provide timely and appropriate feedback to supervisor(s) regarding internal project challenges and perceived external barriers
• Engage team members to leverage current knowledge and expertise to drive continuous quality improvement of products and services
• Additional responsibilities to be determined based on final candidate experience and interests
• B.A. or B.S. degree required
• The ideal candidate is pursuing a Master’s degree in the areas of Public Health, Heath Care Administration, Health Management and Policy, or Business Administration
• Strong customer drive and dedication to quality and success
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Able to work collaboratively and effectively while handling multiple projects on various timelines in an extremely fast-paced environment
• Strong acumen for the health care industry, analytical thinking skills and a strong and dedicated work ethic are required
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project Management)
At COPE Health Solutions, our team members are the driving force behind the organization’s success and we demonstrate our commitment to them by offering competitive compensation and industry leading benefits. We value our team members' broad range of academic and professional backgrounds and the different perspectives they offer the organization. We invest in education, both formally within the company and through reimbursement for outside coursework, and encourage personal and professional growth.
Our rich benefits plan is designed to support your overall wellbeing, both in and outside of work. Some of our teams’ favorite benefits include unlimited paid vacation, a yearly stipend for child or household care, a monthly gym stipend and bonus and our yearly company retreat. To learn more about our benefits, please visit https://copehealthsolutions.com/careers/benefits/.
To apply for this position or for more information about COPE Health Solutions, visit us at https://copehealthsolutions.com/careers/open-positions/.
Meet Some of COPE Health Solutions's Employees
As a regional manager for the Health Scholar program, Brytani focuses on developing talented, motivated program participants into future health care leaders.
Back to top