COPE Health Solutions is a health care consulting firm that provides our health system clients with the tools, services and advice they need to be leaders in the industry. Focusing on all aspects of strategy, population health management, integrated delivery network design and implementation, CMS demonstrations, and health care talent development, we help drive our clients’ success every step of the way.
At COPE Health Solutions, our team members are key to the organization’s success. We value our team members' broad range of academic and professional backgrounds and the different perspectives they offer the organization. We invest in education, both formally within the company and through reimbursement for outside coursework, and encourage personal and professional growth.
COPE Health Solutions has an exciting new opportunity for a Consulting Intern to join our Consulting practice as part of our growing New York practice! The Consulting Intern is responsible for supporting their assigned supervising team member in completing internal and external projects. Based on the student’s interests, background, and experience the assigned supervising team member and intern will identify an appropriate project(s) that meet the expectations and goals of the student while providing a tangible contribution to COPE Health Solutions. The position is designed to leverage academic learning with applied skills. Interns will have the opportunity to incorporate work experience into his/her practicum while developing additional technical and professional skill sets.
- Full or co-management of an engagement, and/or development of project proposal(s) for an engagement with internal or external clients
- Projects may include: strategic planning, decision support & analytics, patient access redesign, health care access assessment or project management
- Operational data analysis, geo-spatial mapping and reporting
- Development of industry standard assessment tools and templates to support internal or external client engagements
- Conduct industry research and write white paper(s)
- Develop, update and disseminate knowledge documents, such as sales materials, proposals, project frameworks and project deliverables
- Produce business development material that requires competencies with analysis tools such as market analysis, SWOTs, etc.
- Conduct health policy research, legislative tracking, monitoring and reporting
- Meet with the assigned supervising team member, appropriate management and/or executive members to gain clear understanding of the projects, goals and expected outcomes as well as maintain a timeline for the assigned projects
- Report weekly to the assigned supervising team member
- Provide timely and appropriate feedback to supervisor(s) regarding internal project challenges and perceived external barriers
- Engage project and company team members to leverage current knowledge and expertise to drive continuous quality improvement of products and services
- Additional responsibilities to be determined based on final candidate experience and interests
- B.A. or B.S. Degree (consideration will be given to top performing undergraduate students)
- Enrolled in or graduated from MPH, MBA or an equivalent program
- Strong customer drive and dedication to quality and success
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Detail-oriented and able to work well independently
- Able to work collaboratively and effectively while handling multiple projects on various timelines in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Flexible with work hours, able to travel, and be able to work on evenings and weekends frequently
- Strong acumen for the health care industry, analytical thinking skills and a strong and dedicated work ethic are required
- Extremely high level of proficiency of Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and Project Management)
To apply for this position or for more information about COPE Health Solutions, visit us at http://copehealthsolutions.org/careers/open-positions/.
Back to top