COPE Health Solutions is a health care consulting firm that provides our health system clients with the tools, services and advice they need to be leaders in the industry. Our best in the industry team provide our clients with the tools, services and advice they need to be leaders in the health care industry. Focusing on all aspects of strategy, population health management, integrated delivery network design and implementation, CMS demonstrations, and health care talent development, we help drive our clients’ success every step of the way.
At COPE Health Solutions, our team members are the driving force behind the organization’s success. We value our team members' broad range of academic and professional backgrounds and the different perspectives they offer the organization. We invest in education, both formally within the company and through reimbursement for outside coursework, and encourage personal and professional growth.
COPE Health Solutions is seeking an Accounting Intern. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic and innovative business professional who will thrive in fast-paced, rapidly expanding organization. We are focused on building a scalable administration division while working closely with management to develop creative, innovative solutions that provide a solid foundation for the company’s growth. The Intern will provide hands-on support across several functions in the finance department.
Our accounting internship program serves two purposes. First, to identify top talent for potential full-time positions at COPE Health Solutions and second, to provide meaningful experiences in the field, helping the intern(s) learn first-hand through real-world projects and assignments. The Accounting Intern will provide coverage and general support for the finance department. He/she will work closely with all levels of the finance team on various finance projects as needed.
- Assist with expense reporting and documentation, improve operations, decrease turnaround times and streamline processes
- Assist with project management and tracking of Finance Dept initiatives
- Assist with entry of accounts payables, accounts receivables, other financial transactions
- Assist with preparation of monthly reconciliations of all credit card accounts
- Assist with preparation of monthly credit card packets
- Assist with expense and mileage reimbursements
- Assist with the preparation of the annual financial audit and year-end reporting
- Assist with maintaining accurate filing systems
- Provide cross-coverage for other Intern-level roles as needed
- Other duties, tasks and projects as assigned
- Must have completed or be pursuing a B.A. or B.S. degree
- Preference given to candidates pursuing finance or accounting related Master’s degree, MBA or CPA certification
- Must have a strong interest in finance and accounting
- Able to commit at least 24 hours/week
- Strong customer drive and dedication to quality and success
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and able to work well independently
- Able to work collaboratively and effectively while handling multiple projects on various timelines in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Flexible with work hours, able to work on evenings and weekends
- Strong acumen for finance and the health care industry, analytical thinking skills and a strong and dedicated work ethic are required
- Extremely high level of proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint and Visio or other process flow software
- Familiarity with QuickBooks preferred
Back to top