COPE Health Solutions is a health care consulting firm that provides our health system clients with the tools, services and advice they need to be leaders in the industry. Focusing on all aspects of strategy, population health management, integrated delivery network design and implementation, CMS demonstrations, and health care talent development, we help drive our clients’ success every step of the way.
Our Intern, Accounting program serves two purposes. First, to identify top talent for potential full-time positions at COPE Health Solutions and second, to provide meaningful experiences in the field, helping the intern(s) learn first-hand through real-world projects and assignments. The Intern, Accounting will provide coverage and general support for the finance department. He/she will work closely with all levels of the finance team on various finance projects as needed. The ideal Intern, Accounting candidate will be an enthusiastic and innovative business professional who thrives in a fast-paced, rapidly expanding organization.
• Assist with expense reporting and documentation, improve operations, decrease turnaround times and streamline processes
• Assist with project management and tracking of Finance Dept initiatives
• Assist with entry of accounts payables, accounts receivables, other financial transactions
• Assist with preparation of monthly reconciliations of all credit card accounts
• Assist with preparation of monthly credit card packets
• Assist with expense and mileage reimbursements
• Assist with the preparation of the annual financial audit and year-end reporting
• Assist with maintaining accurate filing systems
• Other duties, tasks and projects as assigned
• Must have completed or be pursuing a B.A. or B.S. degree in the areas of mathematics, economics, accounting, business administration or finance
• Preference given to candidates pursuing finance or accounting related Master’s degree, MBA or CPA certification
• Must have a strong interest in finance and accounting
• Able to commit at least 24 hours/week
• Strong customer drive and dedication to quality and success
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
• Detail-oriented and able to work well independently
• Able to work collaboratively and effectively while handling multiple projects on various timelines in an extremely fast-paced environment
• Flexible with work hours, able to work on evenings and weekends
• Strong acumen for finance and the health care industry preferred
• Analytical thinking skills and a strong and dedicated work ethic are required
• Proficiency of Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and Project Management)
• Familiarity with QuickBooks preferred
At COPE Health Solutions, our team members are the driving force behind the organization’s success and we demonstrate our commitment to them by offering competitive compensation and industry leading benefits. We value our team members' broad range of academic and professional backgrounds and the different perspectives they offer the organization. We invest in education, both formally within the company and through reimbursement for outside coursework, and encourage personal and professional growth.
Our rich benefits plan is designed to support your overall wellbeing, both in and outside of work. Some of our teams’ favorite benefits include unlimited paid vacation, a yearly stipend for child or household care, a monthly gym stipend and bonus and our yearly company retreat. To learn more about our benefits, please visit https://copehealthsolutions.com/careers/benefits/.
To apply for this position or for more information about COPE Health Solutions, visit us at https://copehealthsolutions.com/careers/open-positions/.
Back to top