Director, Healthcare Consulting
COPE Health Solutions is a health care consulting firm that provides our health system clients with the tools, services and advice they need to be leaders in the industry. Focusing on all aspects of strategy, population health management, integrated delivery network design and implementation, CMS demonstrations, and health care talent development, we help drive our clients’ success every step of the way.
At COPE Health Solutions, our team members are key to the organization’s success. We value our team members' broad range of academic and professional backgrounds and the different perspectives they offer the organization. We invest in education, both formally within the company and through reimbursement for outside coursework, and encourage personal and professional growth.
The Director, Consulting will work closely with the CEO, EVP and Vice Presidents as appropriate to help lead the development of consulting and business development opportunities, management of engagements (with a focus on leading clients through the process of enhancing clinical integration), establishing population health and restructuring financial alignment toward the accomplishment of the triple aim. The Director, Consulting will specifically focus on and be responsible for the following areas:
- Support consulting business development including the development of targeted sales strategies and market research for penetration within California, the Southwestern and the Northeastern U.S.
- Help develop value-add consulting services and products for hospitals, health plans and mid- to large-size physician organizations
- Support the Vice Presidents in developing, implementing and maintaining consulting engagement standards and training for the consulting division, including provision of technical quality assurance for engagement deliverables
- Help cross-sell consulting services in tandem with the Health Care Talent Innovations team for their client base
The Director, Consulting will be based full-time in New York, willing to travel up to 80%, and must be able to effectively manage business development, major engagements, projects and team members while maintaining excellent client rapport.
- Give support to all assigned aspects of consulting engagements and other assigned contracts and projects from scope definition to delivery, assuming ultimate responsibility for contract deliverables, project resourcing and budget management
- Assist in the creation of proposals for business development in collaboration with organization leadership and team members
- Build and manage relationships with key executives and staff at client sites to ensure the success of the engagement(s), including maintenance of engagement through communication and project management/coordination with assigned clients and stakeholders
- Assist with the development of a market research and sales strategy for health plans, healthy systems and major medical groups in the U.S.
- Develop, update and disseminate knowledge documents related to areas of expertise, such as organizational excellence, revenue cycle, strategic planning and clinical integration
- Develop peer-reviewed articles, sales materials, case studies, internal curricula and trainings
- Represent the company, and client(s) as appropriate, at various professional networking, public relations, business development and fundraising events
- Provide excellent internal and external customer service
- Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations and ethical standards, as well as COPE Health Solutions employee expectations
- Serve as a mentor to team members throughout the company
- Develop and maintain high levels of client satisfaction
- Ensure that the client understands and can articulate the value of our service(s)
- Meet or exceed all contractual obligations
- Meet or exceed all productivity goals and quality indicators
- Develop new ideas and take a leadership role, as well as support other team members, on innovations that lead to new business, enhanced productivity and/or increased profit
- Lead and support the design and development of strategic initiatives and business development opportunities to cross sell current contracts, engage new business leads and strategic partners
- Ensure that the organizational strategic plan is informed by current and projected health care delivery and overall market trends
- Build relationships with strategic partners for business, funding, advocacy, and research and teaching opportunities
- Identify, recruit, hire, and train staff, paid and unpaid interns and support as appropriate
- Must have a Master’s degree (MBA, MPH, MHA or similar degree), and at least 5-8 years of work experience in consulting and/or related operations in a health care setting
- Must be able to work collaboratively and effectively while handling multiple projects on various timelines in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Travel is an essential component of this position, up to 80%
- A strong understanding of the health care industry, analytical thinking skills and a strong and dedicated work ethic are required
- Superior creative problem-solving, analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to visualize, identify and pursue opportunities to partner with external institutions
- Effective oral and written communication skills with an ability to share and synthesize knowledge
- Ability to provide timely and effective feedback to project staff and team members
- Possess a professional, business-oriented communication style
- Develop external relationships and networks to support business development and professional growth
- Strong customer drive and dedication to quality and success
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Detail-oriented and able to work well independently
- Flexible with work hours, able to travel, and be able to work on evenings and weekends frequently
- Expertise in 2-3 areas such as health care financing, strategic planning, clinical integration, population health, policy, change management, performance excellence/process improvement (to include, but not limited to Lean/Six Sigma)
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project Management)
- Experience in project management or training in project/program management methodology (PMBOK), PMP certification preferred
We know that our team members drive our success and we demonstrate our commitment to them by offering competitive compensation and rewards. We want our team to thrive with us, so we provide a rich benefits plan to support their wellness and that of their families. Our team members especially appreciate benefits designed to allow time for what they love outside of work, such as unlimited paid vacation and a yearly stipend for child or household care.
To apply for this position or for more information about COPE Health Solutions, visit us at http://copehealthsolutions.org/careers/open-positions/.
Back to top