COPE Health Solutions provides our clients with the tools, services and advice they need to be leaders in the health care industry. Focusing on all aspects of strategy, population health management, CMS demonstrations, Medicaid redesign, and workforce development, we transform health systems from fragmented fee-for-service to coordinated, financially sustainable population health management systems.
The role of the Contracts Administrator will challenge you to develop a deep understanding of all aspects of our rapidly growing business as we expand across the United States. You will work closely with team members across multiple locations to administer the contracting process, pre and post signing and work with the team to ensure consistent reporting of the value produced by contracts for us and for our clients.
• Administer flow of contracts and proposals in close coordination with the consulting team and COPE Health Solutions’ counsel: Drafting and/or review and evaluation of client agreements, confidentiality/non-disclosure agreements, BAA, vendor agreements, sub-contracts, proposals and related documents
• Leverage COPE Health Solutions’ counsel as appropriate to facilitate review and evaluation of terms and conditions, identifying risks and gaps and to incorporate best practices into template agreements
• Implement policies and procedures for contract development to streamline and expedite review and approval
• Implement process to monitor contracts approaching term date to ensure timely execution of amendments or extensions as appropriate
• Monitor compliance with approval procedures and ensure turn-around of documents to consulting team and client within timeline requirements set by executive team
• Identify areas of recurrent pressure and provide recommendations
• Maintain and update template agreements, train internal team in use of templates and tools used in drafting proposals and agreements
• Work with Finance to ensure contracts adhere to broader finance and risk requirements, including revenue recognition, profitability targets, pricing and discounting policies, etc. May include ‘financial engineering’ and understanding and/or evaluating financial impact of terms and term options
• Work closely with Finance and Consulting teams to develop best pricing methods and arrangements, such as bonus payouts, risk-sharing, etc. to maximize revenue opportunities
• Maintain understanding of industry standard and local, state and/or federal standards regarding travel and expenses, reimbursement policies as relevant to current or target regions
• Provide redlined recommendations and facilitate communications with internal team and/or directly with client team until consensus has been reached
• Ensure that signed contracts are communicated to necessary parties to provide contract visibility and awareness; provide interpretation when necessary to support implementation
• Maintain contractual records and documentation such as receipt and control of all contract correspondence, amendments, status reports and other documents
• As needed, provide guidance on contract matters to project leads or other internal staff, including training for new project leads and other employees in contracting practices and procedures
• Monitor competitive terms and client satisfaction with our terms and conditions, contracting practices and recommend changes as appropriate
• Ensure contract close-out, extension or renewal
• Work with project leads to assess client perception of value add/ROI
• B.A. or B.S. degree
• Paralegal certification at minimum, master’s or law degree preferred
• 3-5 years of experience in a high volume services contracts environment
• Experience preparing complex professional service firm contracts, proposals and management reports
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Detail-oriented and able to work well independently
• Experience establishing and maintaining complex filing systems
• Able to work collaboratively and effectively while handling multiple projects on various timelines in an extremely fast-paced environment
• Excellent working knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Experience in contract/account management
At COPE Health Solutions, our team members are the driving force behind the organization’s success and we demonstrate our commitment to them by offering competitive compensation and industry leading benefits. We value our team members' broad range of academic and professional backgrounds and the different perspectives they offer the organization. We invest in education, both formally within the company and through reimbursement for outside coursework, and encourage personal and professional growth.
Our rich benefits plan is designed to support your overall wellbeing, both in and outside of work. Some of our teams’ favorite benefits include unlimited paid vacation, a yearly stipend for child or household care, a monthly gym stipend and bonus and our yearly company retreat. To learn more about our benefits, please visit https://copehealthsolutions.com/careers/benefits/.
To apply for this position or for more information about COPE Health Solutions, visit us at https://copehealthsolutions.com/careers/open-positions/.
Meet Some of COPE Health Solutions's Employees
As a regional manager for the Health Scholar program, Brytani focuses on developing talented, motivated program participants into future health care leaders.
Back to top