Strategic Healthcare Consultant
COPE Health Solutions is a health care consulting firm that provides our health system clients with the tools, services and advice they need to be leaders in the industry. Focusing on all aspects of strategy, population health management, integrated delivery network design and implementation, CMS demonstrations, and health care talent development, we help drive our clients’ success every step of the way.
At COPE Health Solutions, our team members are key to the organization’s success. We value our team members' broad range of academic and professional backgrounds and the different perspectives they offer the organization. We invest in education, both formally within the company and through reimbursement for outside coursework, and encourage personal and professional growth.
The Consultant is responsible for managing major tasks on internal and external projects for consulting, which will include working onsite with a regional health district in Seattle to manage multiple clinical projects under the Medicaid 1115 Waiver. This will involve hands-on work with clinic staff, providers, executives, vendors, and other stakeholders to successfully implement innovative care models and improve health outcomes. The Consultant will have the opportunity to gain practical experience and technical skills in health care management and clinical redesign.
- Plan, manage, and execute major tasks for consulting projects, company-wide activities, and business development
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Support performance improvement efforts, including process assessment, data collection and reporting, and development of dashboards and scorecards
- Assist in the development of proposals, project deliverables, white papers, and other business materials
- Organize meeting logistics
- Meet with assigned supervisor, executive members, and clients to maintain good communication regarding project work, goals, challenges, and expected outcomes
- Additional responsibilities to be determined based on final candidate experience and interests
- Carry out other duties, tasks and projects as assigned
- Provide project management support with minimal oversight, including managing day-to-day operations, maintaining work plans and timelines, preparing status reports, and ensuring effective coordination with clients and team members
- May require travel to locations such as Austin, Texas; throughout California and New York; and other locations as assigned
- Develop and maintain high levels of client satisfaction
- Meet or exceed all contractual obligations
- Meet or exceed all productivity goals and quality indicators
- Attend outside conferences and meetings on industry topics
- Attend professional networking events
- B.A. or B.S. degree
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Skills related to effective project management, including strong work ethic, attention to detail, time management, ability to prioritize, problem solving, adaptability, and willingness to learn
- Ability to understand CMS program funding and mechanics protocols
- Ability to work well independently and in a team setting
- Excellent organization, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Flexibility to work on evenings and weekends as necessary
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint)
- Prior experience in at least two of the following areas preferred:
- Clinical program design, implementation, and/or operations
- Health information technology
- Medicaid or other federal demonstration programs
- Performance improvement
We know that our team members drive our success and we demonstrate our commitment to them by offering competitive compensation and rewards. We want our team to thrive with us, so we provide a rich benefits plan to support their wellness and that of their families. Our team members especially appreciate benefits designed to allow time for what they love outside of work, such as unlimited paid vacation and a yearly stipend for child or household care.
To apply for this position or for more information about COPE Health Solutions, visit us at http://copehealthsolutions.org/careers/open-positions/.
Back to top