Business Analyst, Health Care Consulting
At COPE Health Solutions our team members are the driving force behind the organization’s success. We value our team members' broad range of academic and professional backgrounds and the different perspectives they offer the organization. We invest in education, both formally within the company and through reimbursement for outside coursework, and encourage personal and professional growth.
We are looking for team members who are eager to work in an entrepreneurial, solutions-focused environment that will allow them to tackle new challenges. Our organization’s unique culture of teamwork, tenacity and commitment to win-win solutions for our clients encourages team members to engage with each other in innovative ways and to take on projects that both interest them and add value to our company and clients.
The Business Analyst, Health Care Consulting is responsible for participating on internal and external projects for consulting. This will involve hands-on work with clinic staff, providers, executives, vendors, and other stakeholders to successfully implement innovative care models and improve health outcomes. The Business Analyst, Health Care Consulting will have the opportunity to gain practical experience and technical skills in health care management and clinical redesign.
- Conduct strategic policy analysis directly related to CMS, Medicare, Medicaid, CMMI and related programs
- Perform financial and data analytics to support strategic planning in a wide variety of health care settings
- Perform community data assessments to support the development of business plans
- Work closely with the data analytics team to develop our internal database that will generate industry benchmarks and best practices for business development purposes
- Support advanced financial analysis in the areas of hospital revenue cycles and predictive modelling for capitated models in managed care
- Plan, manage, and execute business analysis for consulting projects, company-wide activities, and business development
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analyses of business intelligence data
- Assist in the development of proposals, project deliverables, white papers, and other business materials
- Meet with assigned supervisor, executive members, and clients to maintain good communication regarding project work, goals, challenges, and expected outcomes
- Additional responsibilities to be determined based on final candidate experience and interests
- May require 80% travel to locations in New York, Texas and California
- Develop and maintain high levels of client satisfaction
- Meet or exceed all contractual obligations
- Meet or exceed all productivity goals and quality indicators
- Attend outside conferences and meetings on industry topics
- Attend professional networking events
- Healthcare policy background, preferably CMS, understands details on Medicare, Medicaid, CMMI and related programs
- A. or B.S. degree in business, statistics or mathematics with a strong interest in healthcare data
- MBA preferred
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently and in a team setting
- Excellent organization, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Flexibility to work on evenings and weekends as necessary
- Ability to understand government payer systems preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
At COPE Health Solutions we’re constantly searching for ways to demonstrate our commitment to our team members’ wellbeing. Besides competitive compensation and opportunities for incentive pay we offer a wide range of industry-leading benefits. We provide all the benefits you’d expect from a much larger company, including an unlimited vacation policy, standard and premium medical, dental and vision options, plus a flexible spending account plan for medical expenses. COPE Health Solutions also provides short-term and long-term disability insurance as well as accidental death and dismemberment and group term life insurance for team members at no cost. Our retirement plan includes a competitive employer matching program.
We invest in our team members’ continuing education, both within the company via interactive trainings provided by world-class trainers such as The Mind Gym and through our educational cost coverage program for outside coursework.
To apply for this position or for more information about COPE Health Solutions, visit us at http://copehealthsolutions.org/careers/open-positions/.
Back to top