Unified Communications Engineer
As a Unified Communications Engineer, you will be the Subject Matter Expert for the Unified Communications tools at Conversant including Skype for Business Enterprise Voice and Polycom RealPresence. You will work hands on with our Unified Communications platforms to help ensure high availability of those systems.
- Tier 2/3 support and escalation point for on premise Skype for Business with Enterprise Voice
- Tier 2/3 support and escalation point for Polycom Real Presence infrastructure and integration with Skype for Business
- Tier 2/3 support and escalation point for Audio Codes SBC and SIP trunk infrastructure
- Performing systems maintenance, health checks, and alarm response
- Work closely with UC manager, UC technician, help desk technicians, network team, systems engineers and end users to identify, track and resolve issues
- Ownership and project management of Unified Communications projects such as upgrades, site migration from legacy PBX to Skype for Business Enterprise Voice and new site turn up
- E911 planning, deployment and administration
- Develop and/or update Unified Communications documentation as needed
- Mentor other technician and engineering level team members
- 5+ years of telecom engineering background with proven experience in TDM and VoIP technologies
- 5+ years of experience with telecom circuit installation and troubleshooting (PRI, T1, analog)
- 3+ years of experience supporting Lync/Skype for Business with Enterprise Voice on premise deployment
- 3+ years deployment and administration experience with E911
- 3+ years deployment and administration of SBC, SBA, gateways, and SIP trunks
- Knowledge of data networking concepts including IP addressing, topology, transport, routing, and switching
- Knowledge of audio, video and data protocols including SIP and H.323
- Experience with DID number management, dial plans, call routing, and E.164 number normalization
- Experience troubleshooting voice related network and carrier issues
- Experience migrating a site from legacy PBX to Skype for Business Enterprise Voice
- Experience with vendor and telco carrier management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical mindset and ability to think through issues and problem solve
- Ability to independently manage multiple concurrent activities and changing priorities
- Strong technical leadership, project management and presentation skills
- Experience with Office 365 Exchange online, Cloud PBX
- Experience with Polycom RealPresence and HDX/Group endpoints
- Experience integrating Lync/Skype for Business with Polycom RealPresence
To learn more visit our Engineering Blog: http://engineering.conversantmedia.com/
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.
Conversant, Inc. is the leader in personalized digital marketing. Conversant helps the world's biggest companies grow by creating personalized experiences that deliver higher returns for brands and greater satisfaction for people. We offer a fully integrated personalization platform, personalized media programs and the world's largest affiliate marketing network - all fueled by a deep understanding of what motivates people to engage, connect and buy. For more information, please visit www.conversantmedia.com.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career. From tuition reimbursement to scholarship programs to employee stock purchase plans and 401(k)s, we offer associates a variety of benefits that work as hard for them as they work for us.
Epsilon is the global leader in creating connections between people and brands. An all-encompassing global marketing company, we harness the power of rich data, groundbreaking technologies, engaging creative and transformative ideas to get the results our clients require. Recognized by Ad Age as the #1 World CRM/Direct Marketing Network and #1 U.S. Agency from All Disciplines, Epsilon employs over 7,000 associates in more than 70 offices worldwide. Epsilon is an Alliance Data company. For more information, visit www.epsilon.com, follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg or call 1.800.309.0505.
Alliance Data is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify
For San Francisco Bay Area:
Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. LI*DG
Meet Some of Conversant's Employees
Angie makes sure the user interface on the API side of things works smoothly. She also builds internal web apps for the company and coordinates the foreign team handling front-end design.
Back to top