Systems Administration, NOC
Thanks for your interestin Conversant, an Epsilon company! Here's the deal. You're not just applying tosome basic technology company. Rather you're applying to a powerhouse that'schanging the face of an industry!
Conversant is committedto one simple but truly exciting principle: each person is different and everyperson matters. This mindset fuels everything we do for our clients and foreach other. We do magic for our clients and we have fun doing it. If thatsounds like your sort of place, we'd love to hear more from you.
This role must be ableto understand, execute, and document moderate to complex operational tasks,candidates should demonstrate the ability to research information related tothe day to day tasks within the Operations Center using various tools andinformational resources. The Operations Engineer will assist with processmaturation and development, technical standards creation, and help to driveoperational excellence. Operations engineer will maximize productioninfrastructure performance by monitoring for network and application relatedproblems and troubleshooting outages and performance issues. Escalateproblems to the appropriate engineering group if/when the situation requiresit.
- Investigate andtroubleshoot TIER 1 issues with network, server, and applicationinfrastructure"
- Repair and recover fromhardware and software failures while coordinating and communicating with theappropriate engineering teams
- Monitor and identifysystems performance issues
- Ensure that theenvironment is being monitored appropriately
- Coordinate hardwareproblems and repairs with the appropriate service partners
- Communicate issues tostakeholder effectively and in a timely fashion
- Take a primary role inchange management of proprietary software
- Provide documentation ofconfiguration and troubleshooting procedures to facilitate other team members
- Support developmentteams on system deployments and performance optimizations
- OS installation usingremote installation tools (PXE/kickstart/CFEngine/Puppet)
- Close daily interactionbetween other system administrators, DBAs, and developers
- 1 yrs Linux ServerExperience (familiar with performance measurement tools)
- Familiar with datacenter concepts
- Experience with Bash,Python, or Perl scripting
- Experience withenterprise monitoring tools (Solarwinds, Nagios, etc)
- Dell Server Platforms(Rack Mount, Blades and Blade Chassis)
- Strong comfort levelreplacing parts and configuring Dell (8th gen and newer) rack and blade servers
- Knowledge of Open SourcePlatforms
- Demonstratedtroubleshooting skills through resolution; understanding problem from thenetwork, OS, and application levels
- Ability to communicateclearly and concisely with service partners and vendors
- Proven experience in a24/7/365 environment
- Experience working withremote hands support
- Excellent organizationskills, project tracking abilities, communications skills, and time managementskills
- Strong Entrepreneurialspirit
To learn more visitour Engineering Blog: http://engineering.conversantmedia.com/
To apply directly: [email protected]
Conditions of Employment
All job offers arecontingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unlessprohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employmentverification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (fordriving positions only) and fingerprinting.
Great People, DeserveGreat Benefits
We know that we havesome of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believein rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay,comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career. From tuition reimbursement to scholarship programs to employee stock purchaseplans and 401(k)s, we offer associates a variety of benefits that work as hardfor them as they work for us.
Conversant, Inc. is theleader in personalized digital marketing. Conversant helps the world's biggestcompanies grow by creating personalized experiences that deliver higher returnsfor brands and greater satisfaction for people. We offer a fully integratedpersonalization platform, personalized media programs and the world's largestaffiliate marketing network - all fueled by a deep understanding of whatmotivates people to engage, connect and buy. For more information, please visit www.conversantmedia.com
Epsilon is the globalleader in creating connections between people and brands. An all-encompassingglobal marketing company, we harness the power of rich data, groundbreakingtechnologies, engaging creative and transformative ideas to get the results ourclients require. Recognized by Ad Age as the #1 World CRM/Direct MarketingNetwork and #1 U.S. Agency from All Disciplines, Epsilon employs over 7,000associates in more than 70 offices worldwide. Epsilon is an Alliance Datacompany. For more information, visit http://www.epsilon.com/,follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg or call 1.800.309.0505.
Alliance Data is anEqual Employment Opportunity employer
Alliance Dataparticipates in E-Verify
For San Francisco BayArea:
Alliance Data willconsider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in amanner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.LI*DG
Meet Some of Conversant's Employees
Associate Software Engineer
Back to top