Thanks for your interest in Conversant, an Epsilon company! Here’s the deal. You’re not just applying to some basic technology company. Rather you’re applying to a powerhouse that’s changing the face of an industry!
Conversant is committed to one simple but truly exciting principle: each person is different and every person matters. This mindset fuels everything we do for our clients and for each other. We do magic for our clients and we have fun doing it. If that sounds like your sort of place, we’d love to hear more from you.
This role must be able to understand, execute, and document moderate to complex operational tasks, candidates should demonstrate the ability to research information related to the day to day tasks within the Operations Center using various tools and informational resources. The Operations Engineer will assist with process maturation and development, technical standards creation, and help to drive operational excellence. Operations engineer will maximize production infrastructure performance by monitoring for network and application related problems and troubleshooting outages and performance issues. Escalate problems to the appropriate engineering group if/when the situation requires it.
- Investigate and troubleshoot TIER 1 issues with network, server, and application infrastructure”
- Repair and recover from hardware and software failures while coordinating and communicating with the appropriate engineering teams
- Monitor and identify systems performance issues
- Ensure that the environment is being monitored appropriately
- Coordinate hardware problems and repairs with the appropriate service partners
- Communicate issues to stakeholder effectively and in a timely fashion
- Take a primary role in change management of proprietary software
- Provide documentation of configuration and troubleshooting procedures to facilitate other team members
- Support development teams on system deployments and performance optimizations
- OS installation using remote installation tools (PXE/kickstart/CFEngine/Puppet)
- Close daily interaction between other system administrators, DBAs, and developers
- 1 yrs Linux Server Experience (familiar with performance measurement tools)
- Familiar with data center concepts
- Experience with Bash, Python, or Perl scripting
- Experience with enterprise monitoring tools (Solarwinds, Nagios, etc)
- Dell Server Platforms (Rack Mount, Blades and Blade Chassis)
- Strong comfort level replacing parts and configuring Dell (8th gen and newer) rack and blade servers
- Knowledge of Open Source Platforms
- Demonstrated troubleshooting skills through resolution; understanding problem from the network, OS, and application levels
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with service partners and vendors
- Proven experience in a 24/7/365 environment
- Experience working with remote hands support
- Excellent organization skills, project tracking abilities, communications skills, and time management skills
- Strong Entrepreneurial spirit
Must be able to work 7pm – 7am shift on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and alternating Wednesdays
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career. From tuition reimbursement to scholarship programs to employee stock purchase plans and 401(k)s, we offer associates a variety of benefits that work as hard for them as they work for us.
Conversant, Inc. is the leader in personalized digital marketing. Conversant helps the world's biggest companies grow by creating personalized experiences that deliver higher returns for brands and greater satisfaction for people. We offer a fully integrated personalization platform, personalized media programs and the world's largest affiliate marketing network - all fueled by a deep understanding of what motivates people to engage, connect and buy. For more information, please visit www.conversantmedia.com
Epsilon is the global leader in creating connections between people and brands. An all-encompassing global marketing company, we harness the power of rich data, groundbreaking technologies, engaging creative and transformative ideas to get the results our clients require. Recognized by Ad Age as the #1 World CRM/Direct Marketing Network and #1 U.S. Agency from All Disciplines, Epsilon employs over 7,000 associates in more than 70 offices worldwide. Epsilon is an Alliance Data company. For more information, visit http://www.epsilon.com/, follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg or call 1.800.309.0505.
Alliance Data is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify
For San Francisco Bay Area:
Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. LI*DG
Back to top